Ink...

79 posts
13 May 2013
tpryse
Photographer
tpryse
OK rant time Ink..honestly ..why? Tattoos...what a load of meaningless shite. Love beautiful natural women, why on earth does anybody think second rate art work improves whats allready there!!! when models say..."got some great new Ink" what it actually means is just paid someone to deface me!!!! aghhhhhhhh
Posted 13 May 2013
Follyhouse
Photographer
Follyhouse
Feel better now?
Posted 13 May 2013
tpryse
Photographer
tpryse
Yes thankyou
Sorry i just get a bit overwrought
Need to take more happy pills..LOL

Posted 13 May 2013
MikeRiot
Photographer
MikeRiot
Narrow Minded ignorance...Honestly... why? Stupidity, what a load of meaningless shite I love people who come on to the forum, why on earth would they post second rate posts and ruin the forum that's already there? When people say "Ink...Honestly...Why?" when they actually mean I'm ignorant to modern and social times and make myself look like a fool by posting my idiotic and narrow minded posts. Aghhhhhh
Posted 14 May 2013
Photoflash
Photographer
Photoflash
I wont shoot models with tatoos. I sell my work overseas, tatooed models are useless.

Posted 14 May 2013
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Photoflash

I wont shoot models with tatoos. I sell my work overseas, tatooed models are useless.

Tattooed models make just as nice a cup of tea as other models.
Posted 14 May 2013
Paulspics21
Photographer
Paulspics21
Totally agree - why deface the beautiful, natural skin you were born with to keep some second rate 'artist' in business? I think a lot of this 'fashion' craze is about following the mindless celebrity set - Beckham, Cheryl Cole etc. There are 14 tattoo parlours in my town and the streets are becoming full of young girls sporting ugly ink.

The thing they don't consider is that when past their fifties and their skin and body shapes change the tattoos become even more hideous and ugly over time. And - these things aren't cheap and are in my mind a sad reflection of one's social standing and intelligence. On the whole we don't see many 'professional' people sporting these things - doctors, lawyers etc. or let's face it, royalty (ok there will be exceptions to the rule of course but I'm generalising here.)

As a photographer I tend not to approach any of the models on PS who have tattoos - and am often disappointed when a pretty girl with lots of potential then comes up defaced with them. I wonder how much 'work' they potentially lose??

End of my rant....

Posted 14 May 2013
tomhl
Photographer
tomhl
Paulspics21

I wonder how much 'work' they potentially lose?? End of my rant....

Or even how much work they gain? If you look at sites like Suiide Girls and magazines like Front or Bizarre they favour inked models.
I don't favour models with or without tattoos. I would say that probably 80% of models on this site have a tattoo, so to rule out working with tattooed models is a great mistake and you are missing out on some amazing talent.
Models get tattooed because it's their personal choice and body. 

Posted 14 May 2013
Why not let other people live their lives and you live yours? Tattoos are a personal choice, they're not there to make you happy or offend you, they're there because that person wants them there. What gives anyone the right to pass judgement on someone else's choices?

Posted 14 May 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
HannahAshlea
Why not let other people live their lives and you live yours? Tattoos are a personal choice, they're not there to make you happy or offend you, they're there because that person wants them there. What gives anyone the right to pass judgement on someone else's choices?
this.
Posted 14 May 2013
dannyrich
Photographer
dannyrich
HannahAshlea

Totally agree.

I dont have tattoo's dont think they are right for me however I like shooting models with tattoo's, I also like shooting models without tattoo's.

Their choice and if it looks good dont see the issue.

Posted 14 May 2013
tpryse
OK rant time Ink..honestly ..why? Tattoos...what a load of meaningless shite. Love beautiful natural women, why on earth does anybody think second rate art work improves whats allready there!!! when models say..."got some great new Ink" what it actually means is just paid someone to deface me!!!! aghhhhhhhh
because i dont give a fuck what you like... simples my tattoos stand for important things: my son my partner my dreams whatever make you think that you have a say in that or i give a fuck what you think is seriously wrong to put it the other way - why do you (men) cut your hair? i hate men with short hair, its not natural at all - the shorter the hair the more thuggish the look in inho but i dont go ranting or thinking my opinion matters to the millions of men that cut there hair
Posted 14 May 2013
Edited by RattusRock 14 May 2013
Paulspics21
Totally agree - why deface the beautiful, natural skin you were born with to keep some second rate 'artist' in business? I think a lot of this 'fashion' craze is about following the mindless celebrity set - Beckham, Cheryl Cole etc. There are 14 tattoo parlours in my town and the streets are becoming full of young girls sporting ugly ink. The thing they don't consider is that when past their fifties and their skin and body shapes change the tattoos become even more hideous and ugly over time. And - these things aren't cheap and are in my mind a sad reflection of one's social standing and intelligence. On the whole we don't see many 'professional' people sporting these things - doctors, lawyers etc. or let's face it, royalty (ok there will be exceptions to the rule of course but I'm generalising here.) As a photographer I tend not to approach any of the models on PS who have tattoos - and am often disappointed when a pretty girl with lots of potential then comes up defaced with them. I wonder how much 'work' they potentially lose?? End of my rant....
ignorance again who are you to say what ive considered??? you know nothing also im a university student studying biomedical science - a top rated accredited course - this says more about your intelligence than mine also you would be amazed how many 'professional' people like doctors and lawyers have tattoos - i know more than i could be bothered to count
Posted 14 May 2013
Edited by RattusRock 14 May 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
RattusRock
because i dont give a fuck what you like... simples my tattoos stand for important things: my son my partner my dreams whatever make you think that you have a say in that or i give a fuck what you think is seriously wrong to put it the other way - why do you (men) cut your hair? i hate men with short hair, its not natural at all - the shorter the hair the more thuggish the look in inho but i dont go ranting or thinking my opinion matters to the millions of men that cut there hair
As your tattoos are personal thing and you are happy with them, why do you get upset that other people don't like tattoos? I don't think having a tattoo is the same as cutting your hair! Obviously the original poster is not really worth a reply, but just as you are free to have tattoos of your choice and love or hate other peoples' tattoos, so are other people free to dislike tattoos in general or specific tattoos. On a site devoted to modelling, where looks are such an important factor, it is no surprise that people should express views on their keenness (or otherwise) to work with tattooed models. Personally there are models that I would have liked to work with but didn't like their tattoos, on the other hand I have worked with many models with small tattoos and several with more prominent works. I can't recall ever working with anyone specifically because of their tattoos, but I have certainly found some objectionable enough to stop me booking a model.
Posted 14 May 2013
JacquiB
Model
JacquiB
Oh my goodness me, this kind of attitude sucks!!

Its personal preference, people have tattoos for all different reasons, and coming on a forum like this and slagging people off because they have ink is disgraceful and you should be ashamed!!

As for calling tattooed models useless, your attitude is totally disgusting!!!

Posted 14 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join