Why why why

35 posts
13 May 2013
Emmalampkin
Make Up Artist
Emmalampkin
Do people who are said pros use iPhones to capture weddings etc... Are you bonkers? Just come across a site that has this. Charges £150 for full day wedding coverage! wtf, and people book this person! Wow ok. Offender! Lol@gearhungry http://browncoinphotography.moonfruit.com/home/4575647296
Posted 13 May 2013
Edited by Emmalampkin 13 May 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Because they can............
Posted 13 May 2013
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonke..
I note that they will undercut any quote by £5!

Every so often I hear stories like, "Cameras will be obsolete, people will just use their mobile phones," but surely most couples might expect better equipment from a professional wedding photographer?!

But as their rates are so low, I dare say this is a chancer with an iPhone looking to make a few quid on the side?

Posted 13 May 2013
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
I've turned up at weddings and got my phone out just to pull bride and groom's leg but never realised this went on for real. Must be a few DOF issues, not to mention those weddings where the vicar asks everyone to ensure their phones are switched off!
Posted 13 May 2013
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
Q. Why? Why? Why? A. Delilah! Dave
Posted 13 May 2013
Webbo2
Photographer
Webbo2
I just think that the novelty of an iPhone photographer mixed with the cheap price is a USP. Some couples who are into weird and quirky things, who may also be on a strict budget will more than likely bite the guys arm off if his photos show the ability to provide coverage of the day. Not my cup of tea and I'll be booking an SLR carrying, experienced, pro shooter for my wedding but all he's done is found an audience and he's exploiting it, good on him I say!

Posted 13 May 2013
Edited by Webbo2 13 May 2013
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
There aren't even any examples of wedding photographs on the site!

You can also pay £50 for the privilege of doing the photography yourself with disposable cameras.

Posted 13 May 2013
Edited by Purple_Girl 13 May 2013
photoclassic
Photographer
photoclassic
None of the images he is using are his...

I wonder if Getty Images is aware that he is using their stock images?

Posted 13 May 2013
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Just a thought - because they have a website saying they offer services doesn't mean people actually do book them. Was it just me or were there absolutely no wedding photographs on the site and just a tiny little gallery with generic shots? Mind you I'm only just waking up so I miss things.

Posted 14 May 2013
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
And doesn't the girl on the homepage look like Liv Tyler
Posted 14 May 2013
Les
Photographer
Les
photoclassic
None of the images he is using are his... I wonder if Getty Images is aware that he is using their stock images?
Agreed, maybe an e mail to Getty could put a stop to that Les
Posted 14 May 2013
The images he's used in the gallery are the ones that are already on that template on moonfruit. I recognise them from when I set up my website!

Posted 14 May 2013
riddell
Photographer
riddell

Using images which are not your own is totally dishonest.

Posted 14 May 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Don't you think that it might be a joke !
I thought it quite humorous and the outrage equally so.

Posted 14 May 2013
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Emmalampkin

Why do people who are said pros use iPhones to capture weddings ... ?  

A little unusual perhaps, but it can be done.

See Jerry Ghionis' IPhone wedding shots  -  http://jerryghionisblog.com/2012/05/the-wedding-of-josh-amber-select-shots-taken-with-the-iphone.html

Widely regarded as one of the top five best wedding photographers in the world, Jerry Ghionis is based in Melbourne, Australia and Beverly Hills, California and travels frequently on international photography assignments and speaking engagements.

Best regards
Paul

Posted 14 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join