More and more photographers are leaving off details of models?

More and more photographers are leaving off details of models?

25 posts
10 May 2013
NTN_Photography
Photographer
NTN_Photography
I am noticing more and more photographers are not putting down the names of models on their portfolio's. I know that not all models are on this site, but it seems to be getting more and more each time I look. There are some lovely models whom I would love to contact to see if they would be interested in a shoot, only to find no name has been added? Is this a growing trend amongst photographers?
Posted 10 May 2013
Photoflash
Photographer
Photoflash
I never list models names because they are professional models (not on Purestorm - only from model agencies)
Some are personal friends over many years.

Posted 10 May 2013
Edited by Photoflash 10 May 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
I've shot quite a few that are neither on here or other portfolio sites, and prefer to contact photographers directly for shoots, rather than be pestered for shoots.

Like others I'd try and pass on details to the model rather than to the photographer.

Posted 10 May 2013
BrazenDivas
Photographer
BrazenDivas
Probably less than 5% of the models I have worked with are on internet modelling sites.

Posted 10 May 2013
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer
IRONBLOKEMAN
And models leave photographers names off

Posted 10 May 2013
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
Well, you take a model like this

and do this

It's your choice/shot/opinion/style, whatever you want to call it, but I'd prefer not to be involved in someone putting that together.
Posted 10 May 2013
Edited by WebModerator 10 May 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
Oh dear.

Posted 10 May 2013
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Norman_N_Photography

I am noticing more and more photographers are not putting down the names of models on their portfolio's.

So what's your reason for not providing profile links on YOUR portfolio to the models you have worked with, thereby allowing other photographers to contact them if interested in working with them?
Bob

Posted 10 May 2013
dominicdean
Photographer
dominicdean
I stopped doing it., granted I dont use this site much,the list is there but surely its better to look for new talent than constantly work with the same models anyway..ps lots arent on here anyway

Posted 10 May 2013
NTN_Photography
Photographer
NTN_Photography
Bob,
Rhe only photos where the names are not mentioned are those in the fashion photographs due to the designer hiring the models and I was'nt given their names?
Every other photograph does have yhe models name?

Posted 10 May 2013
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Norman_N_Photography

snip

There are some lovely models whom I would love to contact to see if they would be interested in a shoot, only to find no name has been added? Is this a growing trend amongst photographers?

I don't ever remember a thread from models complaining about this status. It seems to be photographers who mainly shoot newbies, adult or both who have this as a gripe and to be honest, I often feel like I am doing the model a disservice by including their details as I know they will get more bad rather than good approaches as a result
Posted 10 May 2013
Edited by Gerry99111 10 May 2013
bartman11
Photographer
bartman11
andy_h
Well, you take a model like this and do this It's your choice/shot/opinion/style, whatever you want to call it, but I'd prefer not to be involved in someone putting that together.
You got to love the robot
Posted 10 May 2013
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Norman_N_Photography

Every other photograph does have yhe models name?

But in most cases you haven't bothered to link their Purestorm profiles and have merely given names, in one case even using their real name rather than their username or alias, so you are one of those very "photographers ... leaving off details of models" that you seem to be moaning about. The phrase Kettle / Pot / Black springs to mind here.
Bob

Posted 10 May 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Comedy gold, I miss the antics on here..... But not much.

Posted 10 May 2013
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Not all models want to be linked to images. You can surely find most of them in the references section though (assuming they're on PS and the photographer hasn't 500 refs!!)

Posted 11 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join