Moving ... Will I get more work ???

Moving ... Will I get more work ???

20 posts
8 May 2013
So after living in North Wales for a couple years I've decided it's time to move back to England Considering I live In the sticks I've still had quite a lot of work however it has also lost a lot of work due to travelling time and costs. I'm moving to New Brighton, Wallasey at the start of June... Could I get more jobs living back in England ??!
Posted 8 May 2013
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
It should increase your opportunities as booking people from a distance I find a pain even if the model is doing the travelling. I would much rather book a local model who can arrive shoot and dissappear in a day with comfort.

What I cannot answer is how competitive your area you are considering is. There will be access to a lot more photographers but are there too many models? Most of the models who seem busy seem to have more than one base, or are centrally based in the UK or change their location every year or so.

Posted 8 May 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
Nah you are not moving into a population which would gain you more bookings.

I would think that Manchester or Birmingham would be better but I'm not suggesting that you move because I suggest it, that would be stupid, you need to make a considered judgement, and I'm not sure you have yet.

Posted 8 May 2013
barone
Photographer
barone
I live on the outskirts of London...Wolverhampton....it hasn't done me any favours...
Posted 8 May 2013
Keltica
Nah you are not moving into a population which would gain you more bookings. I would think that Manchester or Birmingham would be better but I'm not suggesting that you move because I suggest it, that would be stupid, you need to make a considered judgement, and I'm not sure you have yet.
I'm moving there as my sister lives there... Not for work fully ... But it does cut out the apparently most expensive track of Wales to Chester and seems to reduce price of travel considerably
Posted 8 May 2013
Neil_M
Photographer
Neil_M
Well make sure you move for the right reasons, there are more reasons to moving than just modelling... Hopefully that doesn't sound too patronising.

I have a different attitude to most re travel and location. I'm based in Belfast, flights are cheap, heck why not get someone to jump on a plane for £50 return.

Posted 9 May 2013
Neil_M
Well make sure you move for the right reasons, there are more reasons to moving than just modelling... Hopefully that doesn't sound too patronising. I have a different attitude to most re travel and location. I'm based in Belfast, flights are cheap, heck why not get someone to jump on a plane for £50 return.
Oh noooooo it's not for modelling... I make 90% of my earnings from webcam work so could be anywhere !!! I've lived in a town with no friends or family for two years so moving to stay near my sis and niece
Posted 9 May 2013
SteveH32
Photographer
SteveH32
Only down the road !! Look forward to havin you here x
Posted 9 May 2013
hiya, i wish you well with your move. Moving near to friends and family is always a bonus. Its even more of a Godsend should you become a working mother and they can occasionally help you out with childcare when you need to work unpredictable hours or travel half way across the country/world to a job and you can reciprocate with help to them when you are free. Work is all over the place, also remember that any one of your friends could relocate at any time, maybe emmigrate to a sunny tax free haven l.o.l. But with social networking, everyone is brought to your doorstep so to speak...so why worry!

Posted 9 May 2013
Neil_M
Photographer
Neil_M
zoepinknose
Oh noooooo it's not for modelling... I make 90% of my earnings from webcam work so could be anywhere !!! I've lived in a town with no friends or family for two years so moving to stay near my sis and niece
Good stuff! Is that in Liverpool, thats just across the water from Belfast
Posted 9 May 2013
SteveH32
Only down the road !! Look forward to havin you here x
Yes!!! You're on the Wirrel too aren't you
Posted 9 May 2013
actiongirl
hiya, i wish you well with your move. Moving near to friends and family is always a bonus. Its even more of a Godsend should you become a working mother and they can occasionally help you out with childcare when you need to work unpredictable hours or travel half way across the country/world to a job and you can reciprocate with help to them when you are free. Work is all over the place, also remember that any one of your friends could relocate at any time, maybe emmigrate to a sunny tax free haven l.o.l. But with social networking, everyone is brought to your doorstep so to speak...so why worry!
Next plan after Liverpool will be spain... Got a lot of family over there... Going over next week actually for two weeks
Posted 9 May 2013
Neil_M
Good stuff! Is that in Liverpool, thats just across the water from Belfast
It is indeed
Posted 9 May 2013
Neil_M
Photographer
Neil_M
zoepinknose
It is indeed
Drop me a message if you get a sec, may have some bits and pieces for you
Posted 9 May 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
If it gets you better transport links e.g. closer to motorways, trains, etc. and as you say reduces your travel expenses then I think it should improve your ability to take on jobs. Being closer to family is always good and being able to be more of an active auntie sounds like fun. You just have to make sure you're not too close to family that they're popping round without notice and effecting your webcam work.

Posted 9 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join