Motor insurance "No Claims"

Motor insurance "No Claims"

8 posts
3 May 2013
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
Got my letter of renewal the other day. It went up by a significant amount so I decide to get a online quote from another insurer, I notice the letter says I have 9 years NCD but the last time I claimed was in february 2003 and on that same year my premium from May 2003-May 2004 I lost my NCD. I worked out as of May 2013 I should have 10years NCD not 9years. Am I correct or not?
BTW I did changed insurer in 2007 but that shouldnt matter.

Posted 3 May 2013
Edited by Chandos 3 May 2013
Bob
Photographer
Bob
I have been helping a model friend sort out her insurance over the last few days. It seems that all the online sites she tried, plus a couple of the direct sites I suggested might be cheaper, now finish at [9 years or more] or [9+ years]. She too has 10 years NCD.
Bob
Posted 3 May 2013
Edited by Bob 3 May 2013
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
Not with Admiral. There is £50 different for me between 9yrs NCD and 10yrs NCD. I thought I had build up 10yrs or have I not?

Posted 3 May 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Different insurers have different maximum no claims that they discount for, so they may not list more than their maximum on the renewal. I've never been offered any more discount for anything over 9 years no claims.

Why don't you ask them ?

Posted 3 May 2013
Edited by stolenfaces 3 May 2013
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
stolenfaces
Different insurers have different maximum no claims that they discount for, so they may not list more than their maximum on the renewal. I've never been offered any more discount for anything over 9 years no claims. Why don't you ask them ?
I've done it online, difference was £50 between 9 and 10 years. Admiral offer upto 15yrs NCD. I'm with Hastings maybe their max is 9 years but they use to be 6 years. Oh well I will take a shot and say I have 10yrs NCD.
Posted 3 May 2013
Edited by Chandos 3 May 2013
Buddygb
Photographer
Buddygb
I have 24 years no claims but they don't all count B.
Posted 3 May 2013
ScottishGeek
Photographer
ScottishGeek
Insurance no-claims is odd at best. When I insured my Mustang all the insurance company was interested in was did I have more than ONE year NCD! The fact I had many times that made no difference.

In your case though, as it appears to make a difference, then you could clarify what exactly you have from your current insurer.

Posted 4 May 2013
Edited by ScottishGeek 4 May 2013
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Buddygb

I have 24 years no claims but they don't all count  B.

I have 35 years no claims and they don't all count either

Posted 4 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join