pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
That would be a yes.

Posted 27 April 2013
kenp
Photographer
kenp
Nothing to do with lawyers, all to do with greedy clients.

Posted 27 April 2013
mpp_visions
Photographer
mpp_visions
Shouldn't this have been posted start of the month?

Posted 28 April 2013
Edited by mpp_visions 28 April 2013
peterbuchanphoto
Photographer
peterbuchanp..
2011, Old news.
Can't google up the ending to it though sadly. would love to know how it ended.

Ps if you have ever tried to use the legal system here you would know this shit would be much more unlikely. They only take your case for clear cut wins unless you are willing to stump up 1000s f your own money in advance.

Posted 28 April 2013
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedi..
http://abovethelaw.com/2012/01/when-groomzillas-attack-todd-remis-is-back/#more-125916
Posted 28 April 2013
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedi..
Seems to still be ongoing?

Posted 28 April 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Sad thing is that the photographer has apparently spent $50,000 defending the case!

Posted 28 April 2013
DaseinPhoto
Photographer
DaseinPhoto
DCox

Do we need to get rid of lawyers and reinvent common sense

Nooooooooooooooo. It's a bunch of lawyers that buy all my kit, and until my obvious talent is more widely recognised that is likely to remain the case.

One thing to remember is that we are not the US - and you will note that even in that damages happy jurisdiction only the breach of contract part of the suite was left to run. Our statute of limitations would prevent a case like this even getting to court in the first place, never mind having any chance of sucess.

The truth is in UK at the moment that despite what you might have read in the august pages of the Mail, Express or Sun recent changes in the rules on funding for legal cases means that if a hospital screws up or a council fails to maintain the highway that results in damage to bits of you, your transport or your equipment meaning you can't work; or your sister or daughter/ brother or son is being subjected to mental cruelty by their spouse (you'll still be OK if their being beaten black and blue - unless you want to get them actually excluded from the premises) then you are going to struggle to get justice without risking a good deal of your own money.

BTW I'm not a lawyer I just look after the computy things for them.
Posted 28 April 2013
Edited by DaseinPhoto 28 April 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join