Proud Dad moment

Proud Dad moment

24 posts
22 April 2013
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
My eldest daughter's band "Savages" are doing well, just about to finish another tour of the states, booked for Glastonbury and other festivals including Bestival on the Isle of Wight.

Not my taste in music but obviously someone is buying it having appeared on The Jools Holland Show, various Radio stations throughout Europe and States as well as stage performances

Now her profile is used on their album due to be released next week. Gemma plays a 1966 pale blue "Fender" if interested. Savages can be viewed here:

Posted 22 April 2013
Sacredo
Photographer
Sacredo
You should be very proud! Excellent stuff
Posted 22 April 2013
andyboylephotography
Photographer
andyboylepho..
i think they are great You should be very proud
Posted 22 April 2013
Tibby
Model
Tibby
Amazzzing!!
You have a very talented daughter!

Posted 22 April 2013
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Thank you all very much. I'm proud of both my daughters, as well as her music Gemma has a BA in Fine Arts and is an amazing artist (I'm biased), whilst my youngest daughter Sam is in the Royal Navy and although an Aircraft Technician by trade is about to complete her third year Nursing Degree. They have both done themselves proud! cheeky

Posted 22 April 2013
shapeman
Photographer
shapeman
Yes very much. A Proud Dad Moment, great music by the way.

Posted 22 April 2013
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Thank you all very much, I appreciate your support

Posted 23 April 2013
Sacredo
Photographer
Sacredo
I'm going to look out for Savages from now on ... radio, TV, festivals ... I feel I have a (very) tenuous link with them .... I kind of know their dad What's not to admire when people are following their bliss ... inspiring
Posted 23 April 2013
DavidHunt
Photographer
DavidHunt
Paul, you must (and should) be very proud. Nice to see you have reared some excellent 'local talent.
Posted 24 April 2013
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
my gf rather likes them should definitely be proud
Posted 24 April 2013
How sweet, its nice you're so proud of her and Im sure its helped her get where she is
Posted 24 April 2013
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
It's almost like the stuff I was doing in the band over 20 years ago.

It's v.Good.

Posted 24 April 2013
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Good stuff Paul, like it a lot.
Posted 24 April 2013
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Yesterday (03/05/13), The Guardian carried a big article and review of the Savages with some good photos. The Daily Telegraph today has some great images of the girls of "Savages" in their review supplement. The CD has been picked as the "Pop Cd of the Week" by the newspaper. They seem to go from strength to strength
Posted 4 May 2013
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
The album is album of the week in the Independent as well Paul.
Posted 5 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join