Modelling status.

9 posts
17 April 2013
What makes the difference in modelling statues, from ameture/beginner, to intermediate/semi professional ect. Depending on how many shoots you have done or the variety? If you could help. Thanks
Posted 17 April 2013
jes
Model
jes
Amateur:  Makes no money from it.

Professional:  Sole source of income.

Semi-pro:  Makes some money from it.

It is no reflection on thier skill as many models/photographers who have amateur status can be very good!...just means they do it as a hobby rather than a job.
Posted 17 April 2013
jes

It is no reflection on thier skill as many models/photographers who have amateur status can be very good!...just means they do it as a hobby rather than a job.

+1

Posted 17 April 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
tesniwinfield
What makes the difference in modelling statues
Being able to work with marble or molten metal - usually bronze - on a large scale is a good start, as is possessing artistic flair
Posted 18 April 2013
Ok thank you. That has made it clearer
Posted 18 April 2013
PaulManuell
Being able to work with marble or molten metal - usually bronze - on a large scale is a good start, as is possessing artistic flair
Didn't realise I put statue lol
Posted 18 April 2013
oscar
Photographer
oscar
jes

It's what you declare to the taxman. Keep records of all payments and expenses (reciepts,mileage, items used mainly for modeling)

Posted 18 April 2013
yep I here tax man people check sites like this, so be careful

although saying that Ive been listed as semi pro in the past, but this has always been a hobby really and I dont think anyone would buy i make a living from this (hell ive only had 2 shoots in the last year lol)

Posted 18 April 2013
Ok - thank you all again
Posted 18 April 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join