Two shoots this weekend, Two no shows

Two shoots this weekend, Two no shows

51 posts
14 April 2013
dannybarson
Photographer
dannybarson
Rant alert!
I booked two models for this weekend, one yesterday and one for today. The one yesterday texted 15 mins before the shoot to cancel because of a headache. The other today hasn't even had the descency to phone or text me or reply to my messages.
Does my time not mean anything to you? Is the only person that matters the model? I could have arranged shoots with other models had I known in time that they were not going to show.
If the shoe was on the other foot, and I had to cancel a shoot, I would give you plenty of notice so you could arrange something else.
Rant over...

Posted 14 April 2013
Purestorm
Photographer
Purestorm
Danny, if you booked the models through Purestorm you can leave feedback. See here:-

G14 ~§~ The Feedback System ~§~

As a rule of thumb we find that using the Shoot Diary can significantly reduce No-Shows
though of course there are no guarantees it will
completely stop them happening.
Posted 14 April 2013
Edited by photo3 16 April 2013
dannybarson
Photographer
dannybarson
I had thought of leaving a feedback, but dont want it to look like I am reatliating, but then again, i dont want others to have to have wasted days.

Posted 14 April 2013
Pixel_Sensation
Photographer
Pixel_Sensation
I rarely have in the past left bad feedback but i will do now. Been too soft in the past but it does not help me or fellow photographers. Leave the feedback. Like you say, you could have done something else. Ive done it where i have bought props, outfits, studio, mua and food to be sat there apologising to studio and mua (and my family for wasting a day) Feel your pain!
Posted 14 April 2013
dannybarson

I had thought of leaving a feedback, but dont want it to look like I am reatliating, but then again, i dont want others to have to have wasted days.

Annoying as this is, it is possibly best to allow 24-48 hours to elapse before posting feedback.
Sometimes there can be a valid reason and posting too early can lead to later regrets.

Posted 14 April 2013
dannybarson
Photographer
dannybarson
I wouldn't post anything till at least 24 hours, like you say there may be a valid reason.

Posted 14 April 2013
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
Leave feedback one way or another. Headache is a pathetic excuse migraine well yes perhaps em maybe not quite sure.

Posted 14 April 2013
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
just out of interest had you touched base 48/24 hours before, i'm finding its at that point if a model is going to cancel they do!

Posted 14 April 2013
dannybarson
Photographer
dannybarson
I had a message last night from the model for todays shoot that they were looking forward to it and would ring me this morning to let me know what time they would be here. No phone call this morning, nor a text or email.

Posted 14 April 2013
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
As a general note and I realise a text the night before would sound encouraging, I'd always advise contact 48 hours before, you can gauge a lot by the response or not, for example if its not read after 24 hours by someone who knows they have a shoot book via Purestorm and there email in box will clearly show mail from Purestorm! or read same day but no reply with 24 hours to go, you can then make decisions about aborting the planned session,

I'd keep it confined to emails here where possible but build in as well a Friday night/Saturday night factor touching base 9am the day of the shoot with a 2 hour window for response before cancelling the shoot! I'm not sure where the shoot was but I'd never set off without same day contact with the model, regardless how enthusiastic they were the night before!

Posted 14 April 2013
Edited by dominicdgt 14 April 2013
jes
Model
jes
dannybarson

This is the trouble!!  I am sick of hearing photographers say this! 

I make a living from modelling.  Photographers book unprofessional flakey girls who let them down, they don't leave negative feedback so these girls get more bookings and the professional models miss out!

Posted 14 April 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Were you paying them......? Sure leave feedback, you should but it sounds like the same old story? Great comms and paying a fee usually avoids problems.....I usually end up with as many e mails as neccessary to get to know the model and detail the shoot. May be I am lucky but in 28 years I have never had a no show. Work with reputable quality models and I am sure you will find the same?

Posted 15 April 2013
snapychapy
Photographer
snapychapy
...name and shame...it's the only way

Posted 15 April 2013
Purestorm
Photographer
Purestorm
snapychapy

...name and shame...it's the only way

'Naming & Shaming' (rather than using the Feedback facility) is the unacceptable way.
G14 ~§~ The Feedback System ~§~
Posted 15 April 2013
dannybarson
Photographer
dannybarson
I wouldn't name and shame anyone, I don't think that would be a fair way to go. They have both now given plausable reasons. There were a lot of emails and phone calls right up to the day before both shoots, I guess like everone else life can throw a curve ball which can alter plans without warning. Its just a shame it happened on both days and I had a wasted weekend. I was most annoyed that there are models waiting that I could have slotted in if I had known in time. But these things are sent to try us at times.

Posted 15 April 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join