New Website - Feedback Needed

New Website - Feedback Needed

12 posts
13 April 2013
Dear All !

I have created a new website yesterday, thinking it would be good idea to promote myself as a model.
I would be very greatful for any feedback, constructive criticism, thoughts on improvements...

My website link is: http://editt6.wix.com/ditamodelling#

Please also share your website links, blogs !
I'd love to see it all !

Dita

Posted 13 April 2013
Edited by WebModerator 13 April 2013
LookintotheLens
Photographer
LookintotheL..
I would remove the music!

Posted 13 April 2013
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
or at least turn the volume down....

Had a quick look... very black & white and the diversity of style page has less diversity than the portrait page so perhaps some more varied content.
good luck

Posted 13 April 2013
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Pay for the upgrade and remove the Wix logos
Music, as above, you are never going to appeal to all.

Posted 13 April 2013
LookintotheLens
Photographer
LookintotheL..
The music is great but I expect you have not paid for the license to use it on your site.

Posted 13 April 2013
Hello Thank you very much for your feedback. Following for advice, I have removed the autoplay music. You are right, it is never going to appeal to everybody. As because this is my first project and I am aiming on expanding my portolio, diversity of looks and potrait sections are still not great, but I have got some photoshoots in plan, so I am hopping that it will shortly expand and improve a bit more. When it comes to upgrading the website - I agree it is a good idea, but in these early stages of my experiments, I will leave it till later this year and then try to invest in ".com" or "co.uk" If anybody else has got some suggestions or would like to share an idea, please comment - I'd love to hear more feedback.
Posted 13 April 2013
I like it! Heres mine... http://stephsteph2013.wix.com/stephmodelling x
Posted 17 April 2013
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuilding..
The music only starts if you press play.

The pictures are really good.

The only thing that is missing for me is costs.

However I know that some people do not like prices being visible so I know that you are in a Catch 22 position.

However I liked the site overall.

Posted 17 April 2013
Les
Photographer
Les
I agree as a Photographer - rates etc are important,I would display them Les
Posted 25 April 2013
Hi Dita,

I'd add a few more options to the menu at the top as some of your pictures are hidden in the 'more' menu. Personally I would also add a page with you measurements etc, and your rates at your discretion.

Posted 7 May 2013
bane711
Photographer
bane711
Hi Dita,
I had a browse around and the site works fine via iPad.

Mike

Posted 7 May 2013
Hi guys There were few opinions here about displaying the rates. My rates are very much negotiable; it all depends on the project, location of shoot& travel. I usually tend to cut my prices for the photographers with "serious ideas" requiring the involvement of the larger group of people and/or hiring the space in manor houses/castles etc. I wouldn't want to put anybody off by displaying my rates; rather opposite I want to encourage photographers to contact me, discuss the project and then come up with rates etc.
Posted 7 May 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join