Microsoft Outlook

Microsoft Outlook

20 posts
7 April 2013
Faye
Model
Faye
I apologise if there is already a topic on this. My email has been switched from hotmail to outlook, I have no problem with the layout or nostalgia any of that jazz but the service seems to be terrible. It crashes/freezes all the time. Often it says 'can't connect to outlook' despite my internet connection working on other sites and regularly it times out when I'm sending emails. It's been like this about 2 weeks but its enough to be very infuriating when sending and receiving work related emails. My question is, I've been with hotmail about 10 years+ now so I have no knowledge of google, yahoo etc etc. Which email service is best? I know that's a really open ended question but I'm seriously at the end of my tether with outlook! Thanks in advance
Posted 7 April 2013
AndrewThomas
Photographer
AndrewThomas
strange i've had no problems since it swtiched, and almost got it back to the hotmail layout

Posted 7 April 2013
Faye
Model
Faye
The layout doesn't bother me, it's just the crashing when you are sending emails and not being able to read emails when it says it can't connect. I've googled it and many people seem to be having issues whilst others aren't, maybe it depends on when you signed up. I've read some people have lost their entire inbox, luckily that hasn't happened to mine.

Posted 7 April 2013
AndrewThomas
Photographer
AndrewThomas
very strange, i have 3 hotmail accounts and they are all fine - mostly access from my iphone/ipad though

Posted 7 April 2013
Badger
Photographer
Badger
Faye

I apologise if there is already a topic on this. My email has been switched from hotmail to outlook, I have no problem with the layout or nostalgia any of that jazz but the service seems to be terrible. It crashes/freezes all the time. Often it says 'can't connect to outlook' despite my internet connection working on other sites and regularly it times out when I'm sending emails. It's been like this about 2 weeks but its enough to be very infuriating when sending and receiving work related emails. My question is, I've been with hotmail about 10 years+ now so I have no knowledge of google, yahoo etc etc. Which email service is best? I know that's a really open ended question but I'm seriously at the end of my tether with outlook! Thanks in advance

I am having the same problem, very frustrating.
Posted 7 April 2013
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
ages ago i just got sick of hotmail and opened up gmail accounts - never looked back since

Posted 7 April 2013
Faye
Model
Faye
I think I'm going to try gmail. My outlook won't connect at all right now grr!

Posted 7 April 2013
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Gmail is the only free one I'd trust with anything important - it's really pretty good.

Outlook should be absolutely rock solid if it's set up right.

Posted 7 April 2013
Faye
Model
Faye
my problem with outlook is that it keeps disconnecting in the middle of sending messages and while I'm logged in it keeps saying disconnected so I can't read anything.

Should I have it set up differently? I haven't changed any settings so maybe there's something I need to alter to make it run properly?

Posted 7 April 2013
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Outlook or Outlook.com
Which Browser/Version/OS/Extensions

Outlook.com works fine in Opera, Firefox, Chrome and of course IE 8+. All vanilla installs. It also ties into Outlook via the Connector software for versions 2003-2010, and natively in 2013.

Been using Outlook for the last 6 months, the last month tied into Office 2013/Windows phone 8 with no issues either on the web or the client.

Posted 7 April 2013
Faye
Model
Faye
I'm using it on the web, It was previously hotmail.

I'm using firefox 20.0 and I'm on a mac with os x 10.6.8 snowleopard.

Posted 7 April 2013
I'm in the same position, I use hotmail as my primary account but the past few weeks has been a bit of a nightmare.

I have a gmail account so I will no doubt switch to that, will just be a bit of a pain having to change over to another service.

Posted 7 April 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
But don't Google use your data for mining for marketing purposes same as they do if you use their Google Application Engine services?

Basically you get nowt for free.

I'm sure Microsoft will resolve the stability issues in the next week or so. My msn.com email has been migrated fine to the new Outlook platform.

Posted 7 April 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
http://techierants.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/troubleshooting-outlook-disconnected/ for info.

Posted 7 April 2013
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
Same problem here, it says it can't connect but then you hit the back button & it connects (on firefox & ie)

Posted 7 April 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join