DDs when in reality more like B cup

DDs when in reality more like B cup

55 posts
3 April 2013
spacecat
Photographer
spacecat
It seems that its not just men that like to add a few more inches. Have you noticed that some women say they are a D or DD cup when in reality they are more like a b cup. I recommend to these models go to marks and spencers they have a free bra measuring service.

Posted 3 April 2013
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
There seem to be quite a few who are less than accurate with their age!

Posted 3 April 2013
Do you realise that bra sizes have changed in the last 10 years or so? They have changed the system of measuring (see Bravissimo for example) and the high street followed. So there women have been told to go down in the back sizes (the 32/34/36 bit) and up in cup sizes. 
I've recently been measured in bravissimo and M&S, and I'm now a 32F. Before I had my son I was a 34D and my measurements are the same. However, I did have some bras from before pregnancy but the cups aren't big enough. Go figure.  

Also breasts can be quite shallow but wide iykwim but the volume is the same. The cup size refers to the volume of the cup not how much the breast sticks out. 
Posted 3 April 2013
mickyb
Photographer
mickyb
Its amazing what a well fitted bra can do but its also very disappointing when it comes off and you're stood there thinking "where have they gone"? I prefer to see the evidence before I book, either by looking on the models profile or asking for a picture.

Posted 3 April 2013
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPow..
Since I mainly shoot swimwear, I tend to ignore girls who put their size as "D" or larger. Being a real provocative B****** I also ignore those with tattoos or multiple piercings!

Posted 3 April 2013
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Boob size seems to be exaggerated a lot on here, just like dress sizes seem to be a lot smaller than their photo's would lead me to believe.

Posted 3 April 2013
I agree with Violet that bra sizes and the way women are measured have changed recently.

I'm currently 5 and a half months pregnant and went to M&S a few weeks ago to get fitted so I could purchase a good supportive bra. I was already wearing a 36GG at the time and they measured me as a 42JJ (WTF?!). They wouldn't give me any underwire bras to try on as the woman kept saying it's not good for me.

I left slightly upset and without a bra.

Luckily I passed a new underwear shop, Boux Avenue, went in, got measured as a 38H and left with a few new sets that fitted lovely and gives amazing support.

Just goes to show different shops measure differently :/ x

Posted 3 April 2013
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
It certainly seems to have changed, you could get a general idea of boob size from the letter involved, but over the last few years it's almost irrelivent. Only yesterday I had two replies to my casting, both girls had 'F' cups, both were totally different sizes. 

Indeed, when I used to shoot for 'D-Cup' that was a big-to-huge boobs magazine, and anyone D cup and over was suitable. These days, I'm sure some girls with D's only need a trainer bra.

That's why I have a picture on my profile to illustrate what I consider to be big boobs, letters don't have any use any more.
Posted 3 April 2013
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
Violet_Ecstasy

http://bfcidade.wordpress.com/2010/04/16/what-does-it-mean-to-wear-d-or-dd-cups/

I'd have heard the laughs all the way from America if I've had submitted any of these to D-Cup!
Posted 3 April 2013
Edited by PeterH 3 April 2013
PeterH

I'd have heard the laughs all the way from America if I've had submitted any of these to D-Cup!

Well perhaps they are the ones who need to change, this is why women struggle with their own bra sizes. Because they think that D or above means massive. 
Posted 3 April 2013
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
Violet_Ecstasy

Well perhaps they are the ones who need to change, this is why women struggle with their own bra sizes. Because they think that D or above means massive. 

But that's my point, D or above *did* used to be an indicator of large boobs.
Posted 3 April 2013
Im measured a 30 DD and im sure people will think otherwise. But ive put 32 B just because i can fit in that size.
So maybe they really are D. If its a small back size its most likely

Posted 3 April 2013
Alan_Jay
Photographer
Alan_Jay
There has definitely been a change, but it appears not to have reached everywhere yet. A friend has been measured in four different places, (but 2 were in the same chain), and been told she's 4 different sizes.
It's really easy to see why so many models put down 'incorrect' bra sizes, it all depends on where and who measures her.
Dress sizes are even worse!

Even we men are being affected, I have four sizes of teeshirt which all fit me correctly from an L to a XXXL. Of those, the XL is the loosest!
I have been the same show size all my adult life, yet I now have to have a 9, 9.5 and a 10 depending on the maker!

Posted 3 April 2013
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Alan_Jay

I have four sizes of teeshirt which all fit me correctly from an L to a XXXL. Of those, the XL is the loosest! I have been the same show size all my adult life, yet I now have to have a 9, 9.5 and a 10 depending on the maker!

A shop in East London used to sell t-shirts in S, M, L, XL, XXL and Fat Bastard size.

Posted 3 April 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join