Some common sense at last?

Some common sense at last?

21 posts
2 April 2013
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Airline decides to charge passengers by the total weight (passenger plus luggage)....about time?  It has always seemed absurd that someone twice my weight but with  a little less luggage should pay a lower fare.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-22001256
Posted 2 April 2013
Purestorm
Photographer
Purestorm
Were the BBC newsgathering team on holiday yesterday?
Posted 2 April 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
I would support the idea wholeheartedly!
Posted 2 April 2013
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
It has merit, providing that the skinny passengers get narrower seats, and the larger passengers get wider seats. And, of course, their luggage must be individually weighed and included in the equation.

Posted 2 April 2013
TonyNutley
Photographer
TonyNutley
It's just that I don't fancy flying Samoan Air!

Posted 2 April 2013
DavidHunt
Photographer
DavidHunt
Where's that diet sheet?
Posted 2 April 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Sdeve

It has merit, providing that the skinny passengers get narrower seats, and the larger passengers get wider seats. And, of course, their luggage must be individually weighed and included in the equation.

Overweight Steve? smiley

Posted 2 April 2013
I figure i've got to be relatively ickle but i still think this is a whole idea is fuss over nothing. Just a way to get away with charging people more i reckon.

EDIT: Uh oh, just read the comments, why is everyone such a victim these days? Wah wah, why do i have to pay for the fatties, waaaah, life isn't fair. Man up.

Why not start on the cripples next, taking up all the damn space, requiring extra help to get on board, they should be paying the highest fees

I'm not used to hearing this sort of drivel from grown adults, its like listening to some spoil brat complaining about how their number/size/cost of xmas presents doesn't seem enough compared to some other brats number/size/cost of xmas presents. He got more than me, waaaah, but honey yours were much more expensive, its *sob* not *sob* fair, waaaaaah.

Posted 2 April 2013
Edited by JadedRed 2 April 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
JadedRed

EDIT: Uh oh, just read the comments, why is everyone such a victim these days? Wah wah, why do i have to pay for the fatties, waaaah, life isn't fair. Man up.

Why not start on the cripples next, taking up all the damn space, requiring extra help to get on board, they should be paying the highest fees

Actually - it's not paying for the fatties - but, if like my slim wife, you have had an 18 stone blob leaning into you, and spreading over the armrest into your space for a long flight you do tend to feel they should pay more - and have a larger seat of course.
Posted 2 April 2013
mph

Actually - it's not paying for the fatties - but, if like my slim wife, you have had an 18 stone blob leaning into you, and spreading over the armrest into your space for a long flight you do tend to feel they should pay more - and have a larger seat of course.

That's a separate issue in my mind.

I should say i mean the comments on the link, not here.
Posted 2 April 2013
Edited by JadedRed 2 April 2013
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
 I recently flew with Qatar and finally an airline with common sense as opposed to money making, to get an emergency leg room seat you have to be assesed if you need one, the amount of times I have seen little people in ex legroom seat because they paid the premium; I want to open the nearest airlock door and toss them out.

Posted 2 April 2013
GlasgowPhotographer
Photographer
GlasgowPhoto..
What about height? What is the average player weight of the Ausie rugby team? It's not all about fat people.

Posted 2 April 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
mph

Good for her for sticking with the vows.............."to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish..........."  smiley
Posted 2 April 2013
Fox2006
Photographer
Fox2006
ok I may be a bit cynical here but it seems to smack of yet another way of increasing charges under the banner of fairness etc etc.
For example I bet the charge wont go down for slim people, they will just increase it anyway.

Posted 3 April 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Fox2006

ok I may be a bit cynical here but it seems to smack of yet another way of increasing charges under the banner of fairness etc etc. For example I bet the charge wont go down for slim people, they will just increase it anyway.

They never said the charges will go down, what they say is you'll pay for the total weight of you and your luggage. 

E.G.
A light person with 50 KG of luggage will pay less than a heavy person with 50KG of luggage

Posted 3 April 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join