Fujifilm X Pro 1

51 posts
1 April 2013
PCPearce
Photographer
PCPearce
Hi Guys,

Anybody using this camera on fashion and portrait shoots?

Many thanks,

Paul
Posted 1 April 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Why not? But it is a "street" camera like a Leica.....how many Leica's are used for fashion? Not ideal if you like longer lenses and burst rate but great for low light and considered shots.....Go try one!

Posted 1 April 2013
promopix
Photographer
promopix
It's my main camera now, sold everything and use it for all my portrait / fashion work as it the quality is simply fantastic, very similar quality wise to Canon 5D II which is astounding considering it isn't full frame! It's also great with the M42 adapter for old glass
Posted 1 April 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Not so astounding!! 16+mp arranged in their own Fuji pixel layout to negate using an AA filter. Sharpness and detail compare favourably to all 12-16mp FF DSR's..with Fuji colours, DR and superb high iso performance!
(I have been a Fuji fan/user from the S3 to S5)

Believe there is a "M" adaptor for Leica lenses too but the Fuji optics, designed specifically for the body/chip are superb with the 35mm F1.4 outstanding?

Why am I telling you this promopix..you already have one, which makes me extremely jealous!!

Posted 2 April 2013
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
PCPearce
Hi Guys, Anybody using this camera on fashion and portrait shoots? Many thanks, Paul
apparently fantastic from the write-up's ive read. unfortunately you may have to buy some crappy old burned-out camera that doesnt work, the larger the better, as the models may think you are a gwc if you pull a small one out LOL good luck! please tell us how you got along cheers, alex
Posted 3 April 2013
scubie
Photographer
scubie
Not the Fuji but Olympus em5, sold all my heavy DSLR gear. I've now done 21 shoots with it!, mostly studio but also location. Again comparable results to freinds 5d 11 and so much less to carry around.
I didn't get the zoom so all shots were on primes, 20mm.45,and75 love the fact they are all f1.8, def wouldn't go back. GWC I don't think so --- I'm 82!!!seen enough thanks lol

A few shot on Saturday---https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4019358861656&set=a.4019358821655.1073741834.1811960331&type=1&theater
Posted 3 April 2013
Edited by scubie 3 April 2013
PCPearce
Photographer
PCPearce
scubie

Not the Fuji but Olympus em5, sold all my heavy DSLR gear. I've now done 21 shoots with it!, mostly studio but also location. Again comparable results to freinds 5d 11 and so much less to carry around.
I didn't get the zoom so all shots were on primes, 20mm.45,and75 love the fact they are all f1.8, def wouldn't go back. GWC I don't think so --- I'm 82!!!seen enough thanks lol

A few shot on Saturday---https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4019358861656&set=a.4019358821655.1073741834.1811960331&type=1&theater

Nice photos Doug

Makes up think what these mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras can do. Yeah the only problem I have is what the model thinks if I pulled one of these cameras out of the bag.

Paul

Posted 4 April 2013
scubie
Photographer
scubie

Makes up think what these mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras can do. Yeah the only problem I have is what the model thinks if I pulled one of these cameras out of the bag.

I certainly haven't had any strange looks or remarks from models I have shot!  I think there are quite a few photographers using them in studio now.
 And once they see the results either on back of camera on on my ipad ( i use eyefi card) The usual remark is wow thats sharp.
Posted 4 April 2013
GrimeAndGlamour
Photographer
GrimeAndGlam..
Yep...sold all my Canon gear (except flashes) and now only use Fuji Xpro1 and X100. Love them both
Posted 4 April 2013
hoodoo
Photographer
hoodoo
Yet to use my X100 on a model shoot, but will do soon, I still have my Nikons but barely use them now, Incredible little camera!

Posted 17 April 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
I've been looking at the X100S and the X-Pro 1. They're getting fantastic reviews and there's a few Cashback deals on at the moment. 1.5 multiplier from the sensor.

I think the pro 1 maybe where I go as you have the option of switching lenses.

Posted 21 April 2013
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
I'm looking at this system with some interest.

I prefer full frame, but Fuji is doing such a good job with their fast primes that it's difficult to say no...

I currently have a Panasonic GX1 and some micro 4/3rds stuff - very nice form factor, but I prefer the 2:3 aspect ratio and the Panasonic cameras have poor dynamic range. I need to find somewhere where I can check out the Fuji XE-1 (I don't need a viewfinder and prefer a compact body).

Posted 21 April 2013
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
Rumours, where would we be without rumours? That an X pro 2 may be coming out this year, twin processors to improve file handling speed and autofocus speed/accuracy.

Posted 21 April 2013
paulcoxphotography
Photographer
paulcoxphoto..
The Fuji cameras look great especially the built in ND filter and leaf shutter on the x100s. The primes on the interchangeable lens cameras are too wide or too slow for me though. Next years 56mm f1.2 could be a turning point, especially if it was followed in short order by a fast 90mm.

Posted 22 April 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
http://www.strobist.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/traveling-light.html?m=1

Posted 22 April 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join