Girl gets boobs on NHS causing bit of furore

Girl gets boobs on NHS causing bit of furore

66 posts
28 March 2013
peterbuchanphoto
Photographer
peterbuchanphoto
http://digitaljournal.com/article/346566

Lot of comments about it in my news feed perhaps because I live in Leeds.
Wanted to see what others here think. Personally I am disgusted at the NHS but not the girl since I know how depression can affect people and if it was genuine then I appreciate why shes had it done.
If she was just blagging a freebie to further her career then shame on her but we dont know this so IMO cant judge.

Its nigh impossible to get anything from the NHS other than copious amounts of drugs that only make you worse and eventually dependant once your body shuts off production of the feel good hormones thanks to the drugs. i couldnt even get counselling when I have a disability and mental health issues so for me it is especially galling that they would blow money on cosmetics when chance are it wont stop her self loathing since people who think such about their physical apperance are known to just find something else wrong with themselves once you "fix" the first issue

Posted 28 March 2013
Edited by peterbuchanphoto 28 March 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
Sickening, she needs a slap, not implants.

Posted 28 March 2013
CHRISblunt
Photographer
CHRISblunt
Absolutely scandalous......

The people who authorised it should be called to account for this decision. That's taxpayers money...just what we want another Katie Price... Maybe in a couple of years she can have another enlargement cos she's depressed that she isn't as well known....! We'll pay for that too then?

Posted 28 March 2013
I think both parties are bad.

There are people on the NHS who need surgery to save their lives ect...

What angers me is she's got her boobs done, but to a big size, not a B or C but a DD (I think) and now says she wants to be like Katie Price?! Any model knows it's not easy to become a model, I feel she is looking for overnight success and that is just wrong.

It's made her look bad... But people will forget within a week or two...

Posted 28 March 2013
I think both parties are bad.

There are people on the NHS who need surgery to save their lives ect...

What angers me is she's got her boobs done, but to a big size, not a B or C but a DD (I think) and now says she wants to be like Katie Price?! Any model knows it's not easy to become a model, I feel she is looking for overnight success and that is just wrong.

It's made her look bad... But people will forget within a week or two...

Posted 28 March 2013
Marty_W
Photographer
Marty_W
She'll be on here soon, no experience paid work only.

Posted 28 March 2013
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
Both the 'digitaljournal' and the Sun(say no more) appear to be paradigms of objective journalism. There are NO facts or details of the assessment process this young woman will have gone through, prior to this procedure and all the medical staff involved would have been aware of the medical and financial factors involved.
It's easy to present vague 'factorials' in such way to incite "outrage" and avoid any substance or depth.

Posted 28 March 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
magpie1

Both the 'digitaljournal' and the Sun(say no more) appear to be paradigms of objective journalism. There are NO facts or details of the assessment process this young woman will have gone through, prior to this procedure and all the medical staff involved would have been aware of the medical and financial factors involved. It's easy to present vague 'factorials' in such way to incite "outrage" and avoid any substance or depth.

Let's wait until the Mail carries the story to check out the facts.................

Posted 28 March 2013
peterbuchanphoto
Photographer
peterbuchanphoto
Im finding it more upsetting that the comments I see on facebook seem to all be catty attacks on how she looks "im 45 and havent got bags like her,and my FFs are natural, shes rancid" which just shows why people get so insecure in the first place. They dont even see the irony in it

google josie cunningham a few sites have run it.
but yes they are a bit biased. how you can compare 5ks worth of surgery to a kid needing 1mil worth is beyond me. The NHS has a budget and sadly have to put a price on life... its depressing but thats simply how they have to operate without unlimited funds

Posted 28 March 2013
Edited by peterbuchanphoto 28 March 2013
IainT
Photographer
IainT
So let me get this right. This girl asked the NHS to give her implants and they agreed, now the girl is getting a hard time?

Why? she asked, she got. Its only a drop in the ocean in relation to the amount the NHS wastes every day. Its their fault, not hers. Fair play to her and if it makes her happy at least its less of a waste than a lot of the nonsense the NHS waste my money on.

She has as much chance of being a successful model as I have, but if she comes on here at least she will be in the company of many similarly delusional people.

Posted 28 March 2013
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
magpie1

Both the 'digitaljournal' and the Sun(say no more) appear to be paradigms of objective journalism. There are NO facts or details of the assessment process this young woman will have gone through, prior to this procedure and all the medical staff involved would have been aware of the medical and financial factors involved. It's easy to present vague 'factorials' in such way to incite "outrage" and avoid any substance or depth.

Agreed and the Sun conflating a breast enhancement operation under one NHS Trust with a lack of funds in another NHS Trust just raises peoples hackles when in fact there is no connection. Interestingly in the interview beneath the linked article the young lady states that she wasn't suffering from depression, which is just as well because NHS guidelines specifically prohibit this type of surgery where the patient is suffering from depression.
Posted 28 March 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
IainT

She has as much chance of being a successful model as I have.....................

Don't put yourself down Iain!  laugh
Posted 28 March 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
I too am suffering from low self esteem - my Kawasaki ZX9R is over 10 years old and no longer a desirable bike. Which tax funded organisation can I approach for help with acquiring the BMW S1000RR that I lust, erm, I mean need?

Posted 28 March 2013
jes
Model
jes
Depression sufferers need councelling, not body enhancements!  If she had serious defects that were causing her to be bullied I might understand it, but I have seen the "Before" pictures and she was fine.  She certainly doesn't look more attractive anyway... still trashy. 

The world has gone crazy!
Posted 28 March 2013
jes
Model
jes
P.S  I suffer from depression and often don't want to get out of bed because I feel so low.  I don't claim any benefits and I certainly don't expect freebies to make me feel better! 

Posted 28 March 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join