alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
thats whati heard on bbc news

Posted 28 March 2013
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuilding..
30 stores according to the story that was on at 7.20.

London Oxford Street was where they were.

However they did not say what other stores.

Posted 28 March 2013
paulcoxphotography
Photographer
paulcoxphoto..
There does seem to be a lack of clarity about what date stores will reopen. This from the Guardian "Six stores will reopen on Thursday in London, Manchester, High Wycombe, St Albans, Birmingham and Aberdeen, with the majority of staff made up from 1,370 workers left unemployed when all 187 sites shut their doors three days after administrators were called in. All 30 stores will open by the end of April".

Posted 28 March 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Yep Peter Jones of Dragons' Den (the new owner of Jessops) was on the BBC breakfast programme this morning talking about the re-opening. Hopefully they've done done something to get the prices closer to online ones which was their main problem.

Posted 28 March 2013
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
Lol...this might help for their on-line stuff: 

http://www.jessops.com/
Posted 28 March 2013
Edited by DJ200 28 March 2013
paulcoxphotography
Photographer
paulcoxphoto..
HowardJ
Yep Peter Jones of Dragons' Den (the new owner of Jessops) was on the BBC breakfast programme this morning talking about the re-opening. Hopefully they've done done something to get the prices closer to online ones which was their main problem.
Yeah he was going on about that and also the click and collect. The thing is, almost a year before they went bust I got my Nex-7 from them through click and collect at the same price as online with the added benefit of 10 months interest free. While we may remember their high prices in the past (especially for accessories) the business model that saw them go under is the same as the one at launch but with fewer stores.
Posted 28 March 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Online by lunchtime today apparently?

Posted 28 March 2013
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
I read the article linked to above......it is clear that web and store prices will be identical...and operating costs are predicted to be lower than before.

Personally, I liked the Chelmsford Jessops and hope it reopens. The web site suggests it will come on line around mid-day.

Posted 28 March 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Blimey....St Albans, that's my local Jessops. Unlike the "main branches" this store never had much in the way of stock or staff knowledge.

Either they did very well on film/printing or it's just a continuation of them not being able to make good decisions!

Posted 28 March 2013
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
This is quite interesting...Peter Jones being interviewed on this move:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21964291

EDIT: The web site failed to go live at the advertised time.....not a great start!!surprise

Posted 28 March 2013
Edited by anthonyh 28 March 2013
nikondave
Photographer
nikondave
If they started doing part ex again , they may make a success, in my opinion anyway

Posted 28 March 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
nikondave
If they started doing part ex again , they may make a success, in my opinion anyway
It's all about the money, money, money. You can sing that if you like!
Posted 28 March 2013
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuilding..
OldMaster

Blimey....St Albans, that's my local Jessops. Unlike the "main branches" this store never had much in the way of stock or staff knowledge. Either they did very well on film/printing or it's just a continuation of them not being able to make good decisions!

Is St Albans rich?

If so that is why they are reopening.

If not no idea why.

That is why Aberdeenwill be reopening.
Posted 28 March 2013
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuilding..
Well their website is not up now.
Doing well they are

Posted 28 March 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join