Rates

19 posts
12 March 2013
tjaym
Model
tjaym
Can someone please give me some reasonable rates in what I should offer hourly half day full day etc

Posted 12 March 2013
pygar1
Photographer
pygar1
I think you need to do some TF to get some good pictures for your portfolio before you can expect to be paid!

Posted 12 March 2013
Bigfish3311
Photographer
Bigfish3311
As a rule photographers will pay for looks and experience. A selection of pictures that show what you look like and what yourposing ability is will help you to get paid workin the future. Look to doing some TF with a couple of good photographers or pay a photographer to shoot you a portfolio.

Posted 12 March 2013
tjaym
Model
tjaym
Thanks big fish, and PYGAR1 drop the attitude I have thousands of pictures on cd's just at the moment can't upload them from an iPad!! And plenty of experience

Posted 12 March 2013
jes
Model
jes
I think it would be worth you paying a good photographer for some basic images so that you can promote yourself, before you ask for paid work.  However, your question was how much you should charge, not when you should start charging, so I reckon £20/£25 per hour depending on how far you have to travel.

Posted 12 March 2013
jes
Model
jes
tjaym

Thanks big fish, and PYGAR1 drop the attitude I have thousands of pictures on cd's just at the moment can't upload them from an iPad!! And plenty of experience

Oh!!
Posted 12 March 2013
tjaym
Model
tjaym
And it wasn't a question to imply that I want to start being paid, it was more because of jobs OFFERING paid work

Posted 12 March 2013
tjaym
Model
tjaym
Thank you jes, it was just a general question as I had someone messaging asking for my rates and as I've only just got back into modelling didn't know the going rate ATM.
Posted 12 March 2013
jes
Model
jes
It does vary but I don't think that is an unreasonable rate, for either party.

Posted 12 March 2013
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
£20 per hour, £65 for half day, £120 for full

Posted 12 March 2013
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
tjaym

And it wasn't a question to imply that I want to start being paid, it was more because of jobs OFFERING paid work

If you're receiving offers of paid work you could perhaps ask them what their budget is and take it from there.

A quick glance through the Casting Calls will also show what kind of "reduced rates" some models are offering at the moment.

Posted 12 March 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
tjaym
Pot, kettle?
Posted 12 March 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
tjaym
It doesn't matter what you've got on your ipad, if your port has two bad photos on it, thats how you'll be judged, and rightly so. I'd suggest uploading some of your 1000's and then asking again, for better answers?
Posted 12 March 2013
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Accepting your previous responses, based on your current profile, only TF I'm afraid.  

Photographers don't generally pay up up-front for what they may achieve, they want to see that you can nail it before you charge for it.
Posted 13 March 2013
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
GSC4X

Accepting your previous responses, based on your current profile, only TF I'm afraid.  

Photographers don't generally pay up up-front for what they may achieve, they want to see that you can nail it before you charge for it.

But the OP is asking what to respond to a photographer who is asking her for her rates.

I'd go with what Jes suggests, or maybe £15 to £20 depending on how much she wants the booking.

Posted 13 March 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join