Well its a success to me.

Well its a success to me.

11 posts
10 March 2013
GarethC
Photographer
GarethC
Just logged on purestorm to find 3 of my new images that I uploaded last night on the home page, so 25% of the images on the home page were mine. Might not be a success to some but for me made me feel quite happy.

Posted 10 March 2013
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
I class getting one image of mine on the home page as a success! To me three is impressive!

Posted 11 March 2013
GarethC
Photographer
GarethC
Thank you for your comment Kevin so I am right to feel happy and count it as a success then

Posted 11 March 2013
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
Yes you are!

Posted 11 March 2013
Mcroshaw
Photographer
Mcroshaw
I'm not sure what the mechanism is to get photos on the front page ( wether they are chosen or are random ), but its nice to get some up there so well done!

Moderator Input
The Front Page Gallery is a random process which occasionally selects a small pool of
worksafe examples from the recently uploaded Premium member images - see
here.

Posted 11 March 2013
Edited by WebModerator 11 March 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Mcroshaw

I'm not sure what the mechanism is to get photos on the front page ( wether they are chosen or are random ), but its nice to get some up there so well done!

Moderator Input
The Front Page Gallery is a random process which occasionally selects a small pool of
here.

So, the old woman at number 6 has been made redundant.  

How is a 93 year old woman supposed to top up her pension if not chose front page images for this site. 
Posted 11 March 2013
Edited by gerryquiff 11 March 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Well done Gareth on the front page images.
Posted 11 March 2013
Way to kill someones buzz aha.
It is useful though for attracting views to your profile so still a good thing.

Posted 11 March 2013
MadMod
Make Up Artist
MadMod
gerryquiff

So, the old woman at number 6 has been made redundant.  

She was not, made redundant ~ she was a volunteer. 
We lost her when she took up pole-dancing after spotting an interesting casting call.
Matt then had to devise the random gallery image generator as nobody else was as good at selection as Mrs #6.

Posted 11 March 2013
GarethC
Photographer
GarethC
Thanks everyone for their kind remarks well now I know how the images are selected lost the buzz a little but was still good to see them on the front page tho

Posted 11 March 2013
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
Mcroshaw

#008080">Moderator Input
#008080">here#008080">.

At least now I won't feel so gutted when one of my fave added photos encapsulating all my talent doesn't appear on the Front Page Gallery.

And I won't start thinking- "Who chose that rubbish?!?!" when something substandard appears.

An old codger like me can remember the good old days, when pics of Vicky Tavener and no other model were on the front page for months. Or was it years?!?!   

Posted 11 March 2013
Edited by carshaltonkev 11 March 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join