Do you want another Leeds social?

12 posts
6 March 2013
reserva89
Photographer
reserva89
If you do (and Tom certainly does!), how about;

Date: either Wednesday 20th March 2013 or Wednesday 27th March 2013
Venue: same as last time, The Scarborough Taps (opposite Leeds station) 
Time: 7pm 

Posted 6 March 2013
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
Been to two leeds socials, missed last one but love to go to next one.....

Posted 6 March 2013
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
is there somewhere different from the taps? it was good last time but hard for people to speak to those that weren't sat next to them
Posted 6 March 2013
D4vid
Photographer
D4vid
Missed out on previous ones but would be interested

Posted 6 March 2013
tomwhipp
Photographer
tomwhipp
Posted 6 March 2013
Hope more models get on board, I'd certainly attend again.
alexkidd
is there somewhere different from the taps? it was good last time but hard for people to speak to those that weren't sat next to them
Agree with that.
Posted 6 March 2013
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
I went to a leeds social in a quiet bar tucked down a little archway off boar lane,near the macdonalds corner(but opp side road) cant remember the bars name, but had a front bar which most used and a second slightly lower dance area that everyone used to chat and get to know each other, as it was 'tucked away' out of site from bar shoots could be done as well.Think one of the organisers knew the manager/owner very well..
Think bars like taps or scarborough are great for drinking etc but they are busy due to their location...

Posted 6 March 2013
reserva89
Photographer
reserva89

I can look at at places (again all fairly close to Leeds station); I know that there are some pubs of Briggatge (Angel, Whitelocks, and can't think of the other one!).
Somewhere a litttle different is the White Cloth Gallery, a photography gallery/bar/cafe which is on Aire Street and on the other side of Leeds station, also a car park directly opposite.

I'll see if I can come up with a list and narrow down a venue.
Posted 9 March 2013
reserva89
Photographer
reserva89

Sorry but I've had my eye off this as I've been involved with other things! I've checked all of the pubs along Briggate (I don't think that they are the ones that Phil is referring to), none will reserve a table.

The White Cloth Gallery say that they can provide a table/space so long as they do not have a function on the same evening - http://www.whiteclothgallery.com/

If there is still interest then happy to give this venue a try unless someone can suggest an alternative. Is next Wednesday 27th March still an option?

Posted 21 March 2013
My birthday! I would be able to pop along for a few hours though I believe.
Posted 21 March 2013
Hioctane
Photographer
Hioctane
Hi, I was just wondering what was happening regarding the next social? I haven't managed to make it to on so far.

Posted 26 April 2013
reserva89
Photographer
reserva89

Hi, I'm not sure why the last one did not get of the ground, but can look into one for the end of May?

Posted 30 April 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join