Film?

29 posts
20 Feb 2013
silverstar
Photographer
silverstar
Just dug out an old 35mm slr and bought an 80-200 f3.8 lens for it (£35) and some cheap Ilford B+W obviously I will have developing costs on top but I feel enthusiastic about shooting on film again. Anyone else still shooting film or taking the step back to the good old days? Any advice would be helpful especially on scanning/photoshop.

JP

Posted 20 Feb 2013
Aesthetique
Photographer
Aesthetique
silverstar

Just dug out an old 35mm slr and bought an 80-200 f3.8 lens for it (£35) and some cheap Ilford B+W obviously I will have developing costs on top but I feel enthusiastic about shooting on film again. Anyone else still shooting film or taking the step back to the good old days? Any advice would be helpful especially on scanning/photoshop. JP

I still shoot ILFORD film on location.....

PM Sent
Posted 20 Feb 2013
Edited by Aesthetique 20 Feb 2013
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Use Google...the web is littered with sites with info on film and scanning techniques. PS: Have a look at the forums on fredmiranda.com
Posted 20 Feb 2013
I shot with Paul Manuell a couple of times here in Cornwall recently - he ONLY  ever uses film...really nice chap, have a chat with him..

http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?id=PaulManuell

One from the editorial shoot we did together in Truro, Cornwall.
Posted 20 Feb 2013
ohkan
Photographer
ohkan
I'm still useing slide film, Just trying to keep slides alive

Posted 20 Feb 2013
BOBREEVES
Photographer
BOBREEVES
I was sorting out in an old sideboard and found my Canon SLR and a pack of Fugi 35mm colour film last month. The date on film is 2005...I had completely forgoten it was there. For a laugh, I popped a film into the camera and some new batteries. The auto wind on the camera was a bit reluctant to work at first, but has cleared now. It felt great !! I used to love my outings with a roll of film. I'm going to send them up to get them developed. I understand the colours may 'run' or 'bleed' because of the date and age of the film ..but it will be interesting to see what happens..modern art photos ....Time will tell...... The Norfolk Bargee.

Posted 21 Feb 2013
fotopro
Photographer
fotopro
I shoot film alongside digital - I use ag-photolab.co.uk and get process and med res scans usually for 35mm as I have a Nikon Coolscan 5000 and rescan the best shots to high res.
For Process & Scan to 100meg is £10.49 35mm 120 220 sizes.
Quick turn round and free postage to send.
End of endorsement.

Posted 21 Feb 2013
Limnerladdie
Photographer
Limnerladdie
Never LEFT the 'Good Old Days'.... but unlike all you young guys I still have good stock of 5 X 4 PLATES to play with and a super Zeiss Double Protar (Circa 1903) to cover them with the sharpest pics you have EVER seen... But the D300 and 800 have to do the usual chores...

Rod

Posted 21 Feb 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
I used an old Minolta camera a couple of months back with my 11-18mm lens and had strange but nice results shooting exotic cars.

I've now began using a nice old Pentax and intend using it on a model shoot if I ever get the time.

There's quite a few in my camera club that have started using film again.

Posted 21 Feb 2013
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
Limnerladdie

Never LEFT the 'Good Old Days'.... but unlike all you young guys I still have good stock of 5 X 4 PLATES to play with and a super Zeiss Double Protar (Circa 1903) to cover them with the sharpest pics you have EVER seen... But the D300 and 800 have to do the usual chores... Rod

is 29 young? i've got some 5x4 plates sitting in the fridge as we speak :/

Posted 21 Feb 2013
snapychapy
Photographer
snapychapy
...my fridge has film in it...but no food!

Posted 21 Feb 2013
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
If anyone knows of any reasonably priced dealers / web sites to buy film please feel free to share the knowledge....
Posted 21 Feb 2013
oscar
Photographer
oscar
http://www.7dayshop.com/photo-video-supplies
Posted 21 Feb 2013
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
can often grab decent batches of expired on ebay too but you take your chances
Posted 21 Feb 2013
I have a box full of film that photographers have been giving me on shoots. Bahaha
Posted 21 Feb 2013
Edited by DeeElegia 21 Feb 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join