Why does purestorm degrade the quality of my images

Why does purestorm degrade the quality of my images

5 posts
18 Feb 2013
Dramatic_Digital
Photographer
Dramatic_Digital
Why when I upload images to purestorm does it degrade the quality of my images, I resize and keep them within the upload specifications but as soon as they are uploaded the image becomes flat, there is colour loss and highlights seem lost.....can anyone explain.....when I upload images on other sites they seem fine and only encounter this problem here.....purestorm is a great site but this issue frustrates me....
Steve

Moderator Input
Purestorm does not degrade image quality but it does downsize larger images as per below.

If your image is over 6MB in size it is unlikely to upload and will error. Please resize your image to the dimensions specified in the green text below.
If your image has a width of 895px or less and a height of 760px or less then no image compression will take place

Posted 18 Feb 2013
Edited by WebModerator 18 Feb 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Convert your images to sRGB (rather than Adobe/ProPhoto) prior to upload.

Posted 18 Feb 2013
Dramatic_Digital
Photographer
Dramatic_Digital
Yeah have tried different profiles adobe/pro photo and srgb with same results....

Posted 18 Feb 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Post a link to another site where you have a photo so that we can see the difference

Posted 18 Feb 2013
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMedia
RedChecker

Convert your images to sRGB (rather than Adobe/ProPhoto) prior to upload.

+1
Dramatic_Digital

Yeah have tried different profiles adobe/pro photo and srgb with same results....

Adobe and pro photo are incorrect use for web authoring
try again - you are  doing it wrong - you could always try the 'save for web' option in photoshop that sorts it out for you.
Posted 18 Feb 2013
Edited by FrameworksMedia 18 Feb 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join