Pregnancy Woes

17 posts
11 Feb 2013
Starting to get bored of being pregnant now... Any other models that have or been pregnant get in that boredom phase? I know it will all be worth the wait when the baby comes but at present... I'm so bored... From rushing around doing everything to now resting all day is such a bore... Need something to get my teeth into...
Posted 11 Feb 2013
I'm not at the bored stage yet, I'm kind of at the restless/impatient stage! I'm only 18 weeks and want it to be July already!

I'm suffering alot with backache but that may be something to do with the growing boobs lol.

Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well xx

Posted 11 Feb 2013
I didn`t get bored until I was 42 weeks pregnant. How far along are you?

Posted 11 Feb 2013
I didn't, But then i was only 34 weeks both times when i had my two.
I've said for a while if i had any more i'd kind of like a full term birth, But then, if i went to 42 weeks, to me it would be the equivilant of being 2 months late haha! Plus i don't like the thought of pushing something twice the weight out.

When the baby is here you'll look back and wonder where the time went.

Posted 11 Feb 2013
I'm only 26 weeks and I'm bored of it, starting to get backache at night now and getting more tired.

But it feels ages till the little one arrives in May, I suppose I have his bedroom to sort out to keep me going.

It's just boring viva job works as I can't do what I want and I hate waiting around.

Hopefully when I hit third trimester it will fly by.

Posted 11 Feb 2013
I know what you mean, It is wonderful feeling baby move but I just feel so normal, no different to what I usually would! Only thing I do different to what I would before is not lift things as heavy as I did before and I am a little slower (I am 28 weeks now). I was told how wonderful pregnancy was and what a magical experience it was but I just feel "too normal" to be pregnant...I just want him/her here.

I have left starting to decorate babies room til now so I have something to do....I hate not being able to work and be as busy as what I once was

Posted 11 Feb 2013
I know what you mean, It is wonderful feeling baby move but I just feel so normal, no different to what I usually would! Only thing I do different to what I would before is not lift things as heavy as I did before and I am a little slower (I am 28 weeks now). I was told how wonderful pregnancy was and what a magical experience it was but I just feel "too normal" to be pregnant...I just want him/her here.

I have left starting to decorate babies room til now so I have something to do....I hate not being able to work and be as busy as what I once was

Posted 11 Feb 2013
Sleep, sleep while you can. Enjoy drinking hot drinks and eating hot food. Enjoy sleeping without your bra on and enjoy having a long bath in peace.

Spend your last weeks doing all those things you enjoy doing until you are sick of doing them. I can't remember the last time I had full nights sleep (actually, I can, it was 2 years and 4 months ago) or managed to read a book, or just relax without keeping half an ear open all the time.

Saying that, I'm quite jealous of you ladies, I quite liked being pregnant!

Posted 11 Feb 2013
I remember that feeling! i cant remember what i used to do really apart from listen to music lol .. oh and sleep in the day

Posted 11 Feb 2013
JennyWren
Sleep, sleep while you can. Enjoy drinking hot drinks and eating hot food. Enjoy sleeping without your bra on and enjoy having a long bath in peace. Spend your last weeks doing all those things you enjoy doing until you are sick of doing them. I can't remember the last time I had full nights sleep (actually, I can, it was 2 years and 4 months ago) or managed to read a book, or just relax without keeping half an ear open all the time. Saying that, I'm quite jealous of you ladies, I quite liked being pregnant!
That's what my mum keeps saying enjoy everything while he's not around but I'm bored, I keep waking up in the night so my brain must be getting ready lol. I enjoy being pregnant, I have a great glow to myself, it's just I'm bored constantly, I love being on the go and to slow right down is killing me. I know I should get a hobby or focus back on my beauty career but I haven't got the motivation in me at present. And another thing, I have gone off my food, except pub dinners or chocolate, everything else just tastes so bland, I should be eating for two and I'm eating probably less than what I did when I wasn't pregnant, any of you ladies had that?
Posted 12 Feb 2013
You shouldn`t be eating for 2 honey, babies don`t need any extra food until the third trimester, when they say to have 300 calories extra and of course that amount of calories again when you are breastfeeding. Don`t worry about not eating a lot, the baby will take all the nutrients it needs from the food you do eat
Posted 12 Feb 2013
Yeh you don't need to be eating for 2, that's a myth. I suffered with bad morning/daytime/nighttime sickness during my first trimester and now that it's stopping, I still don't have much of an appetite. I think I'll enjoy a pasta dish or something but when it comes to actually eating it, I have a few mouthfuls and that's it. As far as I'm aware the baby is growing well so the sickness and loss of appetite hasn't affected it. I guess I'll find out more when I have my 2nd scan, can't wait to find out what I'm having xx
Posted 12 Feb 2013
cathfazaxxx
That's what my mum keeps saying enjoy everything while he's not around but I'm bored, I keep waking up in the night so my brain must be getting ready lol. I enjoy being pregnant, I have a great glow to myself, it's just I'm bored constantly, I love being on the go and to slow right down is killing me. I know I should get a hobby or focus back on my beauty career but I haven't got the motivation in me at present. And another thing, I have gone off my food, except pub dinners or chocolate, everything else just tastes so bland, I should be eating for two and I'm eating probably less than what I did when I wasn't pregnant, any of you ladies had that?
I so feel the same, I feel like I am border line hyperactive at the minute and I need to keep my mind active.....so I have taken it upon myself to write a business plan to keep my mind active and walking a mile at least a day to keep my body active and the fresh air seems to help. My midwife said just to eat what I want when I want and hasn't moaned about me not eating enough (mind I aint told her, I am skeptical of telling health professionals anything to be honest) or too much yet. I worry about not eating "5-a-day" as I only eat 3 a day if that simply because I don't buy fruit or vege that is out of season where possible as it is pumped full of rubbish to keep it fresh when imported
Posted 12 Feb 2013
DamagedRoses1987
Yeh you don't need to be eating for 2, that's a myth. I suffered with bad morning/daytime/nighttime sickness during my first trimester and now that it's stopping, I still don't have much of an appetite. I think I'll enjoy a pasta dish or something but when it comes to actually eating it, I have a few mouthfuls and that's it. As far as I'm aware the baby is growing well so the sickness and loss of appetite hasn't affected it. I guess I'll find out more when I have my 2nd scan, can't wait to find out what I'm having xx
Second scan is the best! I loved it and it's amazing how much they grown! And to think a new life inside you, it's just mad! Have you thought what you would prefer? We all wanted a boy, so I was worried if they said girl but we are having a little boy, first in my family for a while
Posted 12 Feb 2013
My 2nd scan is next Friday, so I'm looking forward to that I'm wanting a girl if I'm honest as my younger sister had a boy in October, but I'll be happy with either really, as long as it's healthy. Got loads of bits and bobs already, going to start on the nursery once we know what we're having. Exciting times!! xx
Posted 12 Feb 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join