CONFORMATION TIME ON SHOOTS

CONFORMATION TIME ON SHOOTS

3 posts
6 Feb 2013
HI TO ALL
im fairly new in the modelling scene but getting some postive work coming on

i have a question though
when booking shoots is there any guide lines on how long togs should confirm i.e by giving details of where and when ?
when i say i will agree to shoot togs seem to take along time about confirming all details which leaves diary looking great but not knowing for sure
what is the accepted time length roughly please
thanks stacey

Posted 6 Feb 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
You'll probably find that people work in a bunch of different ways, and even with the same photographer it might vary from occasion to occasion depending on circumstances. If the shoot with you has to fit in with a wider plan, the photographer might not be able to say when and/or when even though they have made a firm decision to shoot you.

If the shoot is booked, though, this normally means that model and photographer have agreed on all the details such as time, place and content; until then, it's probably just a proposal (even if it's a firm one made in good faith). There are exception even to this, though, e.g. if the mdoel and photographer have made an agreement to do a certain number of shoots over some period of time but the details of each shoot is decided as they go along. Apart from special cases like that, though, I think most people would say that if the details haven't yet been decided on and agreed by both sides, a booking doesn't yet exist.

Posted 6 Feb 2013
We recommend that members use the Shoot Diary facility and
only consider a booking to be firm when both parties have agreed.
Posted 6 Feb 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join