Serious question

Serious question

28 posts
28 Jan 2013
What do I buy two lesbians for their civil ceremony? I have no idea.

And before anyone says that it's just the same as buying a gift for a straight couple, I already know that, except it's not.

Hers and Hers towels? Urgh, so hard.

x

Posted 28 Jan 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
If they've already got a shared home, ask them if there's anything they'd like for their home.

Alternately, buy something from a quality department store where they can happily exchange it for something they need or want.

Posted 28 Jan 2013
Personally I'd be happy with a set of new wheels for the car and a set of lowering springs, but then I'm not normal...

Ummm, a pretty photoframe for their wedding pictures? Never mind the fact that they are a gay couple, without knowing the personalities of the couple in question it's hard to suggest anything.

Posted 28 Jan 2013
They have a baby. Do I buy something for that?

Posted 28 Jan 2013
did you just call there child 'that' just buy them something non gender specific, pretty easy really
Posted 28 Jan 2013
It might be a nice gesture to buy the child something, maybe a scrap book or a memory box for a record of the day as the child will be too young to remember. Doesn't have to be expensive, a gift box from Clintons would do.

Posted 28 Jan 2013
reserva89
Photographer
reserva89

ask them what they want or what about gift vouchers from shops where you know they shop?

Posted 28 Jan 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
reserva89

ask them what they want or what about gift vouchers from shops where you know they shop?

In this economic climate that's a terrible idea - a good chance the shop could go belly-up before they get chance to spend them.
Posted 28 Jan 2013
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
Pair of dildos and a fondue set. Covering all bases

Posted 28 Jan 2013
Jack_Russell
Photographer
Jack_Russell
andy_h
. Quality response ....
Posted 28 Jan 2013
1919_Images
Photographer
1919_Images
andy_h
Posted 28 Jan 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
beauvoir
What do I buy two lesbians for their civil ceremony?
Haven't they drawn up a present wish list? If not, ask them to do a small list especially for you of things they like/want, then choose something from that.
Posted 29 Jan 2013
TMG
Photographer
TMG

Why not find out how they met and get something that will act as reminder for them?

Posted 29 Jan 2013
GrimeAndGlamour
Photographer
GrimeAndGlamour
Tell them not to be so silly, and its just a phaze, and once they meet a nice man they will be fine. That solves your problem and saves your money
Posted 29 Jan 2013
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Surely their age has more relevance than their sexuality?

Posted 29 Jan 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join