Would you book me if...

Would you book me if...

34 posts
21 Jan 2013
Nel05
Model
Nel05
Hello all,

If I was to become a full time model, and travel the country. Would you book me for paid assignments?

Best wishes,

Nel.

Posted 21 Jan 2013
gsphoto
Photographer
gsphoto
Yes your one of the hardest working models iv,e had the pleasure of shooting recently
Posted 21 Jan 2013
in all honesty, for both full time and part time models, i wouldnt rely on it as a main source of income as work can dry up at any time of the year, especially christmas. there are very few on here who are full time models and have a constant stream and steady work flow all year round. I guess the only way u can judge on how u would do personally is see how much ur already in demand, its difficult to predict, as u may well have several photographers reply to this post who would pay u but when it comes to the time they may not have the money to pay u and therefor u dont get booked, and thats also very common especially now, money is so tight and everybody is struggling.

good luck either way cheeky
Posted 21 Jan 2013
Edited by Jenelle_James 21 Jan 2013
Nel05
Model
Nel05
Thank you for the advice Jenelle, much appreciated. George, your far to kind
Posted 21 Jan 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
Nel05
Hello all, If I was to become a full time model, and travel the country. Would you book me for paid assignments? Best wishes, Nel.
Yes, i would, assuming we agree on a work type.
Posted 21 Jan 2013
gazbiker
Photographer
gazbiker
Hi Nel

I think you are a beautiful model albeit a bit on the short side but I wouldn't contemplate relying on modeling as full time employment at the moment, I just don't think there's enough paid assignments to go round?

Gaz

Posted 21 Jan 2013
Nel05
Model
Nel05
Gazbiker: I think I'd take a part time job on to keep me a float, i'd love to let my full time job take the back seat for a while instead of my modelling. Thank you and your right, I am a little shorter then i'd like Socialdisaster: Thank you, I love your work. I'd love to collaborate once i'm out of full time employment.
Posted 21 Jan 2013
Its a bit of a tricky one - when you start off you are much more in demand and it does lull you into a false sense of how it will always be.

There are repeat bookings of course but it would be very difficult to make a living on them alone. If you are able to find a part time job that is very flexible - as in it lets you take weeks off fairly often to tour then you should totally give it a go. Or even do it on a 6 month trial basis. I wouldn't leave a well paid job you enjoy to model though especially if its difficult to find new employment in your arse.

xx

Posted 22 Jan 2013
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
I already thought you did all of that to be honest.

If I ever had the money (then either my luck would have totally changed or I would be days away from being arrested...) then I'd happily book you.

Posted 22 Jan 2013
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
Chrissie_Red

especially if its difficult to find new employment in your arse. xx

massive lol.

back to the question though, honestly no, I don't think your portfolio screams out that you're experienced and adept, it's got variety but it goes from cheesey to really nice and doesn't fit together very well imho

i'd think yeah i'd shoot her tf but there's nothing that'd make me want to part with my pennies

Posted 22 Jan 2013
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
In all honesty, based on your current port, no I wouldn't.
Posted 22 Jan 2013
Spike
Photographer
Spike
If your in a reasonable regular job with holiday/sickness/pension benefits, in the current financial climate stick with it & have the modeling as a supplement to your earnings.

Posted 22 Jan 2013
peteb
Photographer
peteb
Nel I would definately arrange a shoot with you.....I think your profile shows a good range of images, which can only get better the more shoots you do The only problem I think you've got is your location.....will probably need to do a lot of travelling to get shoots. Pete
Posted 22 Jan 2013
Oh crap I meant AREA not ARSE...

Posted 22 Jan 2013
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
Chrissie_Red

Oh crap I meant AREA not ARSE...

Yeah yeah, sounds to me like you're talking out of your area!  laugh
Posted 22 Jan 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join