Best form of contact?

Best form of contact?

20 posts
20 Jan 2013
Not going to lie, technology as a whole confuses me. The message system on here isn't that great, so I get confused whos contacted me, etc. I seem to be going round in circles. Can anyone suggest a better way of doing things? I was thinking of setting up a facebook account just to keep in touch with photographers I want to work with, as I can search the history etc, but I don't know would be advisable? I'm useless with my phone and have an awful memory. I know someone will say don't bother if you are that unorganized (I'm not once I've booked a date), but I love modeling. So ideas please?

Posted 20 Jan 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Don't know why you have a problem with the message system! Best to keep communications on site anyway.

You can create folders to put your mail in here so you can organise it. Go to Inbox and Select "Manage Folders"

Posted 20 Jan 2013
If you go onto a portfolio and wonder if they have contacted you or vice versa just go into your inbox and search through messages using their username and all messages should come up unless you deleted them.

Another method is adding them to a favourites category - Like you could have one "people who have contacted for a shoot but outwith my area" so you can look to that list if you are planning a trip away from home and contact the right people.

I actually like the message system on here, I can see who I have read/replied to and I can see if people have read my messages.

Posted 20 Jan 2013
You should keep messages on site in case of a dispute, the mods won't accept off site messages as proof as they could be faked.

Posted 20 Jan 2013
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Just add photographers you want to work with as favorites. Your phone is not the right tool to run your modelling career,fine for checking the odd message but if you are busy, you will save an awful lot of time and confusion by using a laptop.

Posted 20 Jan 2013
Purestorm
Photographer
Purestorm
Our advice is to keep all communications onsite and use a diary backup for notes and numbers.
Posted 20 Jan 2013
Edited by WebModerator 20 Jan 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
Chrissie_Red

If you go onto a portfolio and wonder if they have contacted you or vice versa just go into your inbox and search through messages using their username and all messages should come up unless you deleted them.

I don't think free members can search.

Chrissie_Red

Another method is adding them to a favourites category - Like you could have one "people who have contacted for a shoot but outwith my area" so you can look to that list if you are planning a trip away from home and contact the right people.

+1

Chrissie_Red

I actually like the message system on here, I can see who I have read/replied to and I can see if people have read my messages.

+1

Posted 20 Jan 2013
Mansell
Photographer
Mansell
Best to keep your messaging on here as others have said.

Plus I can't be the only photographer who doesn't do Facebook.

Posted 20 Jan 2013
darrenbrade
Photographer
darrenbrade
I'm curious to know if there is a mobile app for PS and on which platforms? If not is there one in the pipeline?

Posted 20 Jan 2013
darrenbrade

I'm curious to know if there is a mobile app for PS and on which platforms?
There is not currently an App for Purestorm but Purestorm Mobile has been around for some time.
Apple will not Approve an App as Purestorm allows nude (and that includes, in their view, Topless) images.
Developing an application to suit other platforms would involve considerable expense.

Posted 20 Jan 2013
Edited by WebModerator 20 Jan 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
mph

I don't think free members can search.

You can in a way.  If you click on "From" you can sort your messages in alphabetical order.  The system isn't idiot proof (as I found out) in that they are not necessarily in date order for that particular person, so you have to look at the dates on the right hand side to get the most recent version of the message. 

I think it's a great system.
Posted 22 Jan 2013
Edited by johnlp 22 Jan 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
How can the message system confuse you? You get a mail from someone, it has their name on it. Just like every other email client in the world. I dont see how face book can help you, when with FB you get a message from someone, it has their name on it... just like here...

Posted 22 Jan 2013
I think grouping mails into conversations similarly to phone text apps or instant MSG might be easier, other than that I think the mailing system is fine. =)

Posted 22 Jan 2013
Apex_Photo
Photographer
Apex_Photo
Mansell
I can't be the only photographer who doesn't do Facebook.
Absolutely right. I know loads of photographers who are not on FB so you would be cutting down your market. Not a good thing to do even at the best of times!
Posted 22 Jan 2013
Edited by Apex_Photo 22 Jan 2013
Purestorm
Photographer
Purestorm
As has been mentioned members can create Mailbox Folders to sort incoming messages
 Just go to
  Manage Folders  in the Inbox drop-down menu.

Even Free Account members have this capability.

Posted 22 Jan 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join