wanted : split screen focus screen for Canon 5d (mark one)

wanted : split screen focus screen for Canon 5d (mark one)

8 posts
10 Jan 2013
snapychapy
Photographer
snapychapy
Canon don't make one; anyone have a third party make for sale?

Posted 10 Jan 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
You aught to know the reason they don't make one is that you cannot spot-meter with split prism screens.

Posted 10 Jan 2013
snapychapy
Photographer
snapychapy
Why is this site full of smart arses? I wasn't asking why they don't make them; I was asking if any one had an alternative! Why assume I use the cameras metering system anyway? Have you heard of a light meter? ( I am well aware it affects metering thank you)

Posted 10 Jan 2013
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
Someone needs a hug.

Posted 11 Jan 2013
jpv
Photographer
jpv
I have seen somewhere a company in the states that makes (made?) them for both Canon and Nikon cameras. You should do some "google" searches. I use a split screen on my 1ds III about 90% of the time and have got used to not having spot metering available. The feature I miss most from film days is not being able to select and fit the screen type most suitable for the chosen subject matter. It took 20 seconds on my Topcons to remove the pentaprism, change screens and refit, fondly missed (but I wouldn't go back).

look at focusing screen.com

Posted 11 Jan 2013
Edited by jpv 11 Jan 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
snapychapy
Why is this site full of smart arses? I wasn't asking why they don't make them; I was asking if any one had an alternative! Why assume I use the cameras metering system anyway? Have you heard of a light meter? ( I am well aware it affects metering thank you)
That was pretty snotty, certainly I'd thought that useful information and wasn't aware of it. Then, I don't own a light meter so perhaps I'm not qualified to have an opinion either.
Posted 11 Jan 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
snapychapy

Why is this site full of smart arses?

I can see where the snap(p)y in your name comes from!

Posted 11 Jan 2013
nessie
Photographer
nessie
snapychapy
Canon don't make one; anyone have a third party make for sale?
I'm sure I've got one somewhere. Tried it once and not the best v/f image. Free if you'd like it. PM your address and I'll post it to you. Marcel
Posted 12 Jan 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join