Hello models (& photographers) - is this appropriate & proffessional f...

Hello models (& photographers) - is this appropriate & proffessional for photographers

It seems this conversation has now been locked
123 posts
2 Jan 2013
I very rarely post - only when I'm either very happy or very irritated - I am currently the latter...

I'm not going to be naming names but can we have a quick show of hands who thinks this IS or ISN'T appropriate

Iv been asked this many a time I'm sure you have too ... I'm not after a huge debate or any bitchyness please just a vote yay or nay

A photographer asks me to do a style of boy girl - I ask him to define what he means - we determine its just soft artistic not hard boy girl so that's fine - I ask who the other model is or if he needs me to organise the other guy or give him recommendations if guys iv worked with

He says he was thinking he would do it

When I ask how he will model & take photos he says he'll use a remote ect

I say I don't believe good photos can be achieved this way & it is not my job to pose with photographers only to work with other proffessional models
Now some of you may know me or have worked with me or have heard of me some of you haven't but after 4 years and an extensively published career thus far I class myself as proffessional

I don't believe it is appropriate for me to be asked to pose nude with a photographer who isn't a model
But he thinks I am in the wrong for saying no & pretty much thinks I'm being a bitch in short lol

Just wondered girls - & guys if you want to get involved - just out of interest - is this normal proffessional behaviour?

Or am I right in saying i will only pose with another pro model not a random photographer?
& taking work from great male models who know what they are doing

Thanks
Sapphire
ForumModerator

03 January 2013 09:16
This topic has raised an interesting issue on which we would like Premium members'  opinions
in this thread in Premium Model Chat
. Thanks

Posted 2 Jan 2013
Edited by WebModerator 7 Jan 2013
I don't think it's appropriate.

Posted 2 Jan 2013
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
I don't understand why it shouldn't be possible to get decent art-nudes in the circumstances you described - perhaps you need to ask him for examples of his previous work shot in that way and then decide whether or not he's capable of pulling it off.

Your argument about male models losing work as a result is laughable TBH.
Posted 2 Jan 2013
MartW
Photographer
MartW
I don't think it's appropriate.

Posted 2 Jan 2013
andyboylephotography
Photographer
andyboylepho..
wrong in every way very inappropriate

Posted 2 Jan 2013
I've had the same dealings with a Photographer over on Model Mayhem sounds just the same as you describe definitely something not right and I wish more could be done about this kind of thing If I find his mail I will forward to you
Posted 2 Jan 2013
63jian
Photographer
63jian
Wrong in my opinion.

Posted 2 Jan 2013
Purestorm
Photographer
Purestorm
BlueSapphire

we determine its just soft artistic not hard boy girl so that's fine
If it is not hardcore and is consensual it would be difficult for Purestorm to classify it as inappropriate
particularly as many professional models and photographers working in the Adult & Art genres
consider non-hardcore male/female shoots to be "Erotic" rather than "Adult".
However Purestorm specifically prohibits hardcore boy/girl and POV/Gonzo shoots.

Posted 2 Jan 2013
Edited by Love 2 Jan 2013
jaejay
Photographer
jaejay
If your not happy about it. That's it Full Stop Exclamation.!

Posted 2 Jan 2013
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
A professional photographer put on a whole exhibition in which he was the "other model". It's your choice to say yes or no and nobody else's opinion matters.

Posted 2 Jan 2013
ossies
Photographer
ossies
Its very unprofessional and very inappropriate .

Posted 2 Jan 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
It's not inappropriate to ask a model to do this. Some people both model and take photos (whether as amateurs or commercially in one and/or the other case). It's also possible for someone to do both at once. By analogy, think of movie directors who appear in their own movies, or player-managers in the football world, etc.

It is inappropriate, however, to be rude to a model just because they don't want to do a certain kind of shoot.

Posted 2 Jan 2013
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Based on what you say, at best it sounds seedy. If some models accept this sort of work, then it also sounds as if he's asked the wrong girl.

It may be possible to take reasonable pictures remotely, but improbable without a good deal of time and experimentation.

Posted 2 Jan 2013
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
I'm intrigued about the placement of the camera trigger! Perhaps operated by clenching the buttocks?

Posted 2 Jan 2013
comemodelling
Photographer
comemodellin..
it is wrong and shameful

Posted 2 Jan 2013
It seems this conversation has now been locked