Favourite sport

Favourite sport

23 posts
2 Jan 2013
speedway45
Photographer
speedway45
Tell me your favourite sport and why!!!!

Posted 2 Jan 2013
Shelmo
Model
Shelmo
Think mine are boxing and football.. love the individual skill of being able to box knowing it's all on you. Football a close second.. and Manchester United is my team
Posted 2 Jan 2013
speedway45
Photographer
speedway45
I said favourite sport,so does not include football

Posted 2 Jan 2013
Badger
Photographer
Badger

Daily or Sunday surprise
Posted 2 Jan 2013
speedway45
Photographer
speedway45
Badger
Daily or Sunday
When footballers moan at end of season that they are tired,poor them. For the money they are paid..sorry they get,they should play at least 5 days a week.
Posted 2 Jan 2013
Shelmo
Model
Shelmo
The money generated within the football industry alone pays for it.. if people don't want them getting paid that much they shouldn't watch it. If it was tax payers money or coming from another area where it could be used then fair play.. but it's a self contained industry that generates millions of pounds for the countries it's popular in. But yeah football isn't a sport..
Posted 2 Jan 2013
iparker
Photographer
iparker
Are you waiting for someone to say Speedway by any chance?

I quite like to go to the, Lakeside Hammers every so often in the Summer, when FOOTBALL's not on.
Posted 2 Jan 2013
speedway45
Photographer
speedway45
iparker
Are you waiting for someone to say Speedway by any chance? I quite like to go to the, Lakeside Hammers every so often in the Summer, when FOOTBALL's not on.
Yeah I like speedway,prefer grasstrack and lakeside well good,sorry they lost Lee RIP last year
Posted 2 Jan 2013
speedway45
Photographer
speedway45
iparker
Are you waiting for someone to say Speedway by any chance? No,smart ass!!!
Posted 2 Jan 2013
keithcurtis
Photographer
keithcurtis
Ice Speedway.
Been going to Assen to watch it since 1978. Three hundred two inch spikes in each tyre and leaning over so low that their shoulders are almost touching the ice definitely makes for some spectacular racing (and photos). Russians have always been dominant.

I also like normal Speedway and Superbike racing (I used to race bikes on the grass myself)
Posted 3 Jan 2013
Edited by keithcurtis 2 Jan 2013
Jack_Russell
Photographer
Jack_Russell
I'm an egg chaser....and cheese roller
Posted 3 Jan 2013
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Long game quoits. Definitely with metal hoops though. Rope and rubber hoops are for southern softies
Posted 3 Jan 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
I don't like sport generally.

I think sport is generally a matter of luck, a waste of time and is generally boring other-wise.

I have never been to a foot-ball match for example - too tribal.

My favourite sport ? I don't have one - for the reasons above etc.

Posted 3 Jan 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
Football is the only sport I've ever enjoyed, either as a participant or spectator. Until my 20s playing football was pretty much my most enjoyable acvtivity. As a schoolkid hearing the bell go for break was wonderful because it meant we could rush outside and play the next "half" our match. Football made you not notice if it was dark and raining and cold and you'd forget if you had troubles on your mind.

I also remember my first experience of it as a live spectator: going into the crowd for the first time and hearing that sound and looking down at the pitch seemed magical.

Football also gave me my most hilarious violence-related memory. One time on the school yard we were playing 2- or 3- a side and "rush goalie". The other side had counter-attacked and one of them was clear through on goal. As a I ran back trying to catch up with him, all I could hear behind me was my team-mate screaming "hack him down! hack him down!"
Posted 3 Jan 2013
Edited by skymouse 3 Jan 2013
speedway45
Photographer
speedway45
keithcurtis
Ice Speedway. Been going to Assen to watch it since 1978. Three hundred two inch spikes in each tyre and leaning over so low that their shoulders are almost touching the ice definitely makes for some spectacular racing (and photos). Russians have always been dominant. I also like normal Speedway and Superbike racing (I used to race bikes on the grass myself)
Me too...raced grasstrack about 30 yrs ago
Posted 5 Jan 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join