what do togs do with tfp pics ?

what do togs do with tfp pics ?

81 posts
1 Jan 2013
basically im very naive and new and was wondering what togs actually do with your tfp ? x

Posted 1 Jan 2013
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
what do models do with tfp images?
Posted 1 Jan 2013
peterbuchanphoto
Photographer
peterbuchanp..
Potentially whatever they want.
It is entirely possible if you did a TF glaamour shoot one day you could see those pictures in Nuts the next week or anywhere on the web. The copyright to the images belongs to the photographer unless explicitly stated otherwise.
I assume this is what you were getting at.
In the main I think they just get used as portfolio material such a how I have done.

Posted 1 Jan 2013
Edited by peterbuchanphoto 1 Jan 2013
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
sarah5182
basically im very naive and new and was wondering what togs actually do with your tfp ? x
I don't know what "togs" do, but "photographers" have them for exactly the same reasons anyone with a hobby has things within that hobby.
Posted 1 Jan 2013
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Socialdisaster

I don't know what "togs" do, but "photographers" have them for exactly the same reasons anyone with a hobby has things within that hobby.

"Togs" do exactly  the same as photographers do with them, we're the same see? 
Posted 1 Jan 2013
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
pompeytog
"Togs" do exactly  the same as photographers do with them, we're the same see? 
Really ? And I bet you think the Sun is a newspaper
Posted 1 Jan 2013
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
I can only speak for myself but typically 98.8% of them get deleted sooner or later.

Posted 1 Jan 2013
I dont think its necessary for comments iv clearly stated im new and naive... I believed togs was short for phoTOGraphers ..is it not? just iv heard a few stories and cant decide if its true or just people with to much time and jealousy on there hands..people editting images to make girls look naked etc is that ridiculous or could that happen. thanks x
Posted 1 Jan 2013
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
sarah5182

..people editting images to make girls look naked etc is that ridiculous or could that happen. thanks x

I can't imagine too many people going to the trouble of doing that since there's so many models willing to pose nude/topless anyway. There may be one or two cranks/stalkers/children around that do it I suppose.

Be wary of what people tell you 'in private'. They often don't have a clue but pretend they do.
Posted 1 Jan 2013
Edited by mgphotomedia 1 Jan 2013
comemodelling
Photographer
comemodellin..
The Images are usually shared between both parties for their ports so the shoot is mutually beneficial ! Hope this helps
Posted 1 Jan 2013
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingTo..
It really does vary from photographer to photographer..
For me, I use the images for my portfolio and every so often, I look back at them to see if / how i've improved over time.

Posted 1 Jan 2013
yeah thats what i thought, it was just for ports but then today somebody told me that horror story and its been on my mind, thanks everyone feel better now
Posted 1 Jan 2013
rod_m99
Photographer
rod_m99
comemodelling
The Images are usually shared between both parties for their ports so the shoot is mutually beneficial ! Hope this helps
+ 1
Posted 1 Jan 2013
BhanuAlley
Photographer
BhanuAlley
I've always used selected shots for promotional purposes.
I'm currently launching a new business next ( this ;D ) year and am doing a number of TFP shots for promotional purposes.
I usually have a contract and a release signed by the model and myself at the end of the session allowing use for these reasons only.
If you are asked to sign a release, ALWAYS make sure you read it. If the photographer tries to hurry you on just say you will take it home and send it back to him signed.
Do not sign away all rights to your pictures ( yes, YOURS - they belong to both you and the photographer ) or, like in your horror stories, you will find yourself in some dubious publication years later, and legally WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR PERMISSION.
The release and contract covers both yours and the photographers proverbial asses, because it states exactly what, when and where the shots will be used.
Though I get these documents, I still ask the models permission before I submit shots to magazines, editorials or competitions.
And make sure you get a signed copy for yourself also!

Barney

Posted 1 Jan 2013
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
sarah5182
...people editting images to make girls look naked etc...
Seems too much like hard work to me.
Posted 1 Jan 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join