MUA Success story

MUA Success story

9 posts
27 Dec 2012
CBavage
Make Up Artist
CBavage
When the new Comic Relief challenge campaigns launch in the coming month I will have been the make up artist for many of the male celebrities. I worked with both Greg James & Dara O'Briain. I also got to work with Jack Dee but unfortunately there were some technical glitches and so no pictures were taken . I also got to briefly meet Sporty Spice (who is lovely and absolutely teeny tiny) All very exciting for me - and great work off the back of a last minute assist with Felicity Kendall last year!!
Posted 27 Dec 2012
Fisherface
Make Up Artist
Fisherface
Well done...exciting!
Posted 27 Dec 2012
LOVELY to hear a MUA success story - usually it's all about us models or photographers...lol...mail

Well done!cool

Best regards for an INSPIRING New Yearcheeky

Suzy xno
Posted 27 Dec 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Well done, but we really need all the gossip about these stars. Who had plooks, blackheads, 3 eyes, etc.........
Posted 27 Dec 2012
jes
Model
jes
gerryquiff

Well done, but we really need all the gossip about these stars. Who had plooks, blackheads, 3 eyes, etc.........

What are "Plooks"?!

Posted 27 Dec 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
jes

What are "Plooks"?!

plook, pronounced as it is spelt and with alternative spelling plouk, is Scots for a spot, pimple or boil.

Most of us have suffered from a plook – or, worse, plooks – at some time in our lives. They plague the young in particular, especially those in the terrible teens. Just when a teenager is getting all dressed up to impress a member of the opposite sex, out pops the reddest of red pus-filled plooks to disfigure the face and spoil their chances.

Posted 28 Dec 2012
Edited by gerryquiff 27 Dec 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
gerryquiff

plook, pronounced as it is spelt and with alternative spelling plouk, is Scots for a spot, pimple or boil.

In other words it's an under-the-skin irritant. The English equivalent is possibly a RedNecker.
Bob
Posted 28 Dec 2012
jes
Model
jes
Jesus Christ, Gerry!...an explaination would've been satisfacory.  Really didn't need "That" picture, yuk! 
Posted 29 Dec 2012
louiseshepherdMUA
Make Up Artist
louiseshepherdMUA
great to hear a successful MUA story im just starting out doing makeup for photoshoots, moving away from bridal and i hope one day to work in the television/advertising/flim industry...its my dream! but its a hard business to break into so really well done you for doing it x
Posted 25 Feb 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join