Have I made a mistake by going brunette?

Have I made a mistake by going brunette?

29 posts
14 Dec 2012
I'm a little apprehensive as I've just taken the plunge to go back to my roots. I've spent many years as a blonde as my work is mainly in the glamour sector and I'm aware that specific genre is one in which blondes Thrive. I've actually even lost a couple of jobs after informing people I've recently gone brunette . I've just uploaded a couple of new images. Please let me know what you think. Pass me the peroxide lol
Posted 14 Dec 2012
Edited by Am1anda123 14 Dec 2012
I'm feeling a little apprehensive as I've recently taken the lounge and gone back to my roots. I've spent many years as a blonde as most of my work is within the glamour sector and I'm aware that blondes thrive within the glamour industry. In fact I've even lost a couple of jobs after informing clients that I've gone brunette . I've just uploaded a few recent shots, please give me your honest opinions. Pass me the peroxide lol.
Posted 14 Dec 2012
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
You are still a cut above, but as a blonde, you are awesome.
My thoughts

Posted 14 Dec 2012
DavidHunt
Photographer
DavidHunt
I think I prefer you as a Brunette, it makes you look more sophisticated and classy IMO
Posted 14 Dec 2012
You look more stunning and sophisticated as a brunette and to me it suits you better Although you do need to change this on your profile **PLEASE NOTE: My hair is currently blonde** good luck x
Posted 14 Dec 2012
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Better than blonde but I really think Red would suit you better than either.

Posted 14 Dec 2012
barone
Photographer
barone
I'm guessing due to your skin colour...but both suit you...now you need to decide if the colour change is for work or just for you....Whatever you do, don't go for one of those "alt" shades, like bright red, pink, blue etc.

Just noticed, you've got tiny ankles...cool.

Posted 14 Dec 2012
I love you equally blonde or brunette....i have had less bookings as a brunette as people still expect 'jessica rabbit' but im getting on to be doing that.going for a more mature look.And its less taxing on my hair I simply cant afford the maintaince of red xxx

Posted 14 Dec 2012
Edited by laurenlangley 14 Dec 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
barone

Just noticed, you've got tiny ankles...cool.

Oh no!  I can see a  "Best ankles on Purestorm" thread looming smiley
Posted 14 Dec 2012
Edited by mph 14 Dec 2012
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonke..
Personally I think you look better brunette. You have quite dark "olive" skin and I think peroxide blonde is really pushing your luck with your complexion. You are going against nature and it will look unnatural.

If you are not constantly keeping on top of your roots you won't look good. To me, very blonde with dark roots just looks tacky.

It is such a shame that some photographers have this fixation that glamour models should be blonde. Remember though that you are competing against a lot of younger bottle blonde girls. So it might be better to be different. You are not a girl, you are 100% woman. Don't grab the peroxide just yet!

Posted 14 Dec 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
I much prefer you blonde I'm sorry to say
Posted 14 Dec 2012
kjoleweb
Photographer
kjoleweb
Am1anda123
I'm a little apprehensive as I've just taken the plunge to go back to my roots. I've spent many years as a blonde as my work is mainly in the glamour sector and I'm aware that specific genre is one in which blondes Thrive. I've actually even lost a couple of jobs after informing people I've recently gone brunette . I've just uploaded a couple of new images. Please let me know what you think. Pass me the peroxide lol
I'd shoot you 8 days a week, any color! J.
Posted 14 Dec 2012
carshaltonkev

Personally I think you look better brunette. You have quite dark "olive" skin and I think peroxide blonde is really pushing your luck with your complexion. You are going against nature and it will look unnatural. If you are not constantly keeping on top of your roots you won't look good. To me, very blonde with dark roots just looks tacky. It is such a shame that some photographers have this fixation that glamour models should be blonde. Remember though that you are competing against a lot of younger bottle blonde girls. So it might be better to be different. You are not a girl, you are 100% woman. Don't grab the peroxide just yet!

+1
Posted 14 Dec 2012
Byron
Photographer
Byron
barone

,,,,,,,,,, Just noticed, you've got tiny ankles...cool.

And great knees! Oh, brunette, defo!

Alan.cheeky

Posted 14 Dec 2012
jes
Model
jes
You look glamourous either way but I slightly prefer brunette.  I've just gone back to my natural colour too.  I think the best hair is that which is in good condition and bleach does kill it over time!

I really don't think it would matter what colour your hair is with regards to getting work!
Posted 14 Dec 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join