Brushes

It seems this conversation has now been locked
10 posts
13 Dec 2012
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy some makeup brushes but MAC, Bobbi Brown and Illamasqua are out of my price range. I don't really want to be spending more than £18 per brush, maybe a little more for the ones I'll use the most (blusher, eyeshadow). Have you got any recommendations for good quality brushes that aren't going to cost me an arm and a leg? I understand that quality doesn't come cheap, and if it turns out that £25 per brush is the right price, then I'll pay that, but as I have no idea what counts as 'good quality', I wanted to ask here first.

Thanks in advance!

Hannah
Posted 13 Dec 2012
River
Model
River
Im not an MUA, but I've got a set of benefit makeup brushes, the are gorgeous. Very soft bristles, lovely quality! They were a gift so not sure how much they were, but I would definately reccommend them!

Posted 13 Dec 2012
vickysglamorama
Make Up Artist
vickysglamor..
Check out Crown Brushes they are excellent quality and very affordable. Real Techniques as well xxx

Posted 15 Dec 2012
alice_g
Model
alice_g
Urban decay ones aren't bad atall I'm not an MUA though x
Posted 16 Dec 2012
shannonkeegan1
Make Up Artist
shannonkeega..
sigma make up brushes are pretty good and the cheapest set comes in at £70 for 12 brushes.. but there is bigger sets on sigma.. type that int google and have a look at there website! pretty decent brushes! shannon keegan MuA xx

Posted 26 April 2013
i am a massive MAC junkie. ive tried other high end brands but none compare. well worth the money you spend on them.

Posted 27 April 2013
i use some brushes from art shops. Also some art shop brushes are brilliant used as hair dye root touch ups

Posted 27 April 2013
I like my Crown Brushes. If you buy straight from the company you can get them at wholesale prices and it's amazingly cheap. There's quite a few recommendations here: http://inmykit.com/makeup_brushes.htm I really like that website as a whole, though it is US-centric and not all the recommended brands are available in the UK.
Posted 27 April 2013
...And even as I post that I remember that you're not based in the UK anymore anyway. XD

Posted 27 April 2013
Emmalampkin
Make Up Artist
Emmalampkin
Another crown brush fan here
Posted 6 May 2013
It seems this conversation has now been locked