Models & Breast Feeding

Models & Breast Feeding

57 posts
12 Dec 2012
Now I'm pregnant the midwifes are asking what I will do for the babies milk...

I have never really fancied breast feeding, because of my job and worried it will make my boobs saggy and horrible.

Have any models who had kids and breast fed, do your boobs go back to how they were orginally?

p.s. I don't want to get a boob job too much money and pain.

Posted 12 Dec 2012
It's not breast feeding that shags your boobs up, it's being pregnant in the first place.

Also, the benefits of breast feeding are fantastic (and not just for baby). It helps you get your stomach back quickly, it's free as opposed to £20 odd quid a week and it protects against osteoporosis by locking calcium in.

Posted 12 Dec 2012
your breast will grow massive and shrink weather you breast feed or not

also breast feeding helps you lose weight quicker

i couldnt breast feed but i would of if i could

Posted 12 Dec 2012
River
Model
River
I'm very pro-breast feeding, like Jenny. Mum breast-fed all 5 of her kids and has great boobs. She also donated extra breast milk to the neonatal unit at our local hospital. Definately the best thing for babies!

Posted 12 Dec 2012
Breastfeeding doesn't make your boobs saggy and horrible, pregnancy does that. If you don't fancy breastfeeding fair enough but refrain from bandying lies around, You might put off someone who wants to do it and that's not fair, Everyone should have the opportunity to make an INFORMED decision.

Posted 12 Dec 2012
cathfazaxxx

Now I'm pregnant the midwifes are asking what I will do for the babies milk... I have never really fancied breast feeding, because of my job and worried it will make my boobs saggy and horrible. Have any models who had kids and breast fed, do your boobs go back to how they were orginally? p.s. I don't want to get a boob job too much money and pain.

I think you should make up your own mind, do whatever you think is best for your baby and yourself. Read up online, I'm sure there will be plenty of expert advice out there if you have a search on google
I have to say though the best way to keep your boobs the way they were originally is by not having babies or surgery - both sound horribly sore and expensive to me haha!

Posted 12 Dec 2012
You also lose weight quicker if you breastfeed.

Posted 12 Dec 2012
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Just don't do it in public ...........
Posted 12 Dec 2012
Matt - I do it on busses and trains and everything.
Posted 12 Dec 2012
I'm all for breatfeeding but I remember the way my sister was made to feel when she was unable to express enough milk to feed her newborn twins - almost like she was looked down upon from the staff and other mothers who were so strongly for breastfeeding that they thought any option was bad parenting even if it was impossible for the mother.

Read up on it - make a decision and do what you feel is right, never feel pressurised into doing something just because other people swear by it. I would say though priorities shouldn't be about your boobs but about your baby.

Posted 12 Dec 2012
Chrissie - That's such a shame. When Corey was born there were triplets on the ward (Neonatal, it was actally amazing, we were sat there and all of a sudden the doors burst open and all these doctors legged it into the bay with 3 tiny babies, i cried buckets) and their Mum was given so much support and encouragement, She was managing to express two full feeds so splitting that between the three so they all got at least some, and topping up with formula or donor milk (Can't remember which as we had the option of either). The doctors couldn't have been more helpful and she did so well, I wish all women could be treated like that.

I struggled at first expressing for Corey (I think due to the stress, as i never struggled with my first baby) so i can't imagine the stress of having to do it for two or more.

Posted 12 Dec 2012
I'm quite sure they topped it up with formula, I think the difficulty wasn't helped that they were in the special baby care unit so my sister had to use a pump to get whatever was in her breasts out. The twins only got a few ml's every 2 hours, then every 3 hours but my sis couldn't manage it at all. She was only 17 at the time and they were 2 months premature, she didn't have a clue what she was doing. The twins are 11 now, they can get their own milk from the fridge
Posted 12 Dec 2012
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
I had 3 kids solely breastfed for 6months, plus I used to express milk for tiny babies in the premature baby unit. Looking back, I was a one woman dairy unit for as few years! There's no way I could have modelled at the time though, as it was so physically and emotionally all- consuming. Got bigger boobs for it however ....   Good luck to you, whatever you choose to you, it's all hard work whatever way you do it! But so very very lovely. You enjoy yourself and do what feels right for you honey!

Posted 12 Dec 2012
Chrissie_Red
I'm all for breatfeeding but I remember the way my sister was made to feel when she was unable to express enough milk to feed her newborn twins - almost like she was looked down upon from the staff and other mothers who were so strongly for breastfeeding that they thought any option was bad parenting even if it was impossible for the mother. Read up on it - make a decision and do what you feel is right, never feel pressurised into doing something just because other people swear by it. I would say though priorities shouldn't be about your boobs but about your baby.
luckly i only had one or too comments but people can be so stupid about thing like that, my son was premature and i couldnt make milk until 2 weeks later and by then he was used to bottle milk and would drink anything else
Posted 12 Dec 2012
That's a shame Rattus - Little girl was cup fed as she was 6 weeks prem and had trouble latching. They do that most places to prevent them getting used to a bottle and losing the sucking reflex from the breast.

My little boy i just got lucky with - I expressed for the first 2 weeks and gave from a bottle but he took to the breast quite easily when we came home.

Posted 12 Dec 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join