My boyfriend is a really terrible photographer!

My boyfriend is a really terrible photographer!

112 posts
11 Dec 2012
My fella likes to call himself a tog, but his concepts, pictures and the way he goes about his work is unimpressive to say the least
Why does he insist on photographing all the local bimbos with no clue about the concept or meaning of the photo he's taking !!? on a 'winter fashion shoot' he ended up taking pictures of a woman in the woods with her tits out- ?! Is it just me? When asked about how his shoot went he didn't want to talk about it.
He has a great model to use, me! But chooses to either portray me horrendously or not at all. I have told him repeatedly that his work sucks and that's why I won't work with him again!
We both started modelling / photographing at the beginning of our relationship about 6 months ago. I feel that perhaps my success has overridden his and that maybe why he's not that interested in photographing me as a 'beautiful model'
Sorry for the rant, but it drives me mad to know that there are togs all over the country wanting to photograph me and yet my own boyfriend doesn't or won't in a way that helps my career
We should be a winning team but I find it really hard to be supportive of his work when it's unfocused and pointless it's driving a wedge between us
Should I just walk away?

Posted 11 Dec 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
Mischkah1

Should I just walk away?

Impossible to tell without a link to his port.
Posted 11 Dec 2012
xoxsxox
Model
xoxsxox
I was going out with a ''photographer'' who had the worst images, it sounds like hes in it for the wrong reasons like mine was... ditch him x

Posted 11 Dec 2012
He doesn't have a port
He does it all through Facebook!

Posted 11 Dec 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
So, to be clear, you want to dump someone because they won't take photos of you and you don't like the photos they take.

Nice.

Posted 11 Dec 2012
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Socialdisaster

So, to be clear, you want to dump someone because they won't take photos of you and you don't like the photos they take.

Seems fair to me
Posted 11 Dec 2012
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Mischkah1

He doesn't have a port He does it all through Facebook!

Link to FB page??

Having looked at your portfolio - what a waste.

Offer to TF for photography lesson to a photographer who' work you would like him to aspire to.

Must admit it occured to me how handy it would be to have a model girlfriend, decent weather, finding yourself in a great location I would always be in the position to get some great shots, only problem was my wife didn't see the practical & artistic advantages of the idea smiley

Posted 11 Dec 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
RedChecker
Seems fair to me
I can think of one angle from which it's definitely fair: his!
Posted 11 Dec 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
Socialdisaster

So, to be clear, you want to dump someone because they won't take photos of you and you don't like the photos they take. Nice.

I've got three younger sisters and regularly get approached by boys they've dumped for reasons they can't understand imploring me to talk them round. Err....no. I do feel sorry for them though surprise
Posted 11 Dec 2012
djtphotography
Photographer
djtphotograp..
Never mix business and pleasure is my rule
Posted 11 Dec 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
I love how some people even consider rational replies to this crap. Imagine if a photographer posted this about his g/f model... he'd be hung drawn and quartered in a 72 page thread (approx). "My g/f just goes with GWCs and looks crap when I photograph her, why won't she support me, I'm more successful than she is, I've got models all over the country wanting to shoot with me! We should be a winning team but I find it really hard to be supportive of her work when it's unfocused and pointless it's driving a wedge between us should I walk away?"
Posted 11 Dec 2012
Never mix business and pleasure is my rule Maybe your right!
Posted 11 Dec 2012
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
Mischkah1

Never mix business and pleasure is my rule Maybe your right!

That's a definitely, not a maybe.

It's a real shame that Whitby and Barnsley are so far from each other.

Posted 11 Dec 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
Stick his memory cards in the microwave for two minutes when he's not looking. It'll fry the insides and he won't notice until it's too late.

Posted 11 Dec 2012
Edited by mgphotomedia 11 Dec 2012
I think the model/tog relationship thing is not for me! It's a real shame. in theory it should ! Lol If he was open about his work I wouldn't mind so much but when I ask him and he doesn't mention the particulars of a shoot (even though he has to know all about mine) then I find images on Facebook it's quite hurtful I guess I want more respect! Ps Barnsley isn't that far.
Posted 11 Dec 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join