thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
You will be missed!

Posted 9 Dec 2012
Buddygb
Photographer
Buddygb
One of nature's gentlemen... sad news indeed.

B.

Posted 9 Dec 2012
comemodelling
Photographer
comemodelling
A True British Legend !

Posted 9 Dec 2012
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
He had that great genius, so much associated with BBC pundits, of making a subject about which one had no knowledge and even less interest: INTERESTING. Missed indeed.

Posted 9 Dec 2012
I was so sad to hear the news he'd passed away. He was very inspirational and along with Brian Cox actually inspired me to get my telescope.
Posted 9 Dec 2012
Mchafs
Photographer
Mchafs
That is sad news;I watched last weeks "Sky at night" and commented to a friend at work that he didn't look well.
Another star has burnt out.

Posted 9 Dec 2012
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
RIP Sir Patrick, I enjoyed your wacky enthusiasm of your subject.

Posted 9 Dec 2012
pontius584
Photographer
pontius584
RIP Sir Patrick, an impossible act to follow.

Posted 9 Dec 2012
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
A great man and a good musician much missed.

RIP with the stars that you loved so much.

Posted 9 Dec 2012
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
Having known him on the telly for all of my life, I thought he was stark raving bonkers, as a child his monocle  stare scared me, I thought he was some crazy professor. Yet I watched him and watched and watched....... as others have said his eccentric character is what made him and worryingly his protégé Brian Cox I fear is already on the slippery slope to bonkyness as well, long may he walk in the footsteps of a giant !!
Posted 9 Dec 2012
Edited by oceanova 9 Dec 2012
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Inspirational to generations, anybody who can present a TV programme for over fifty years must have something going for them. On his eccentricity I guess that goes with a life spent looking through a small eyepiece at vast nothingness in the hope of seeing something. For those of us of a certain age Sir Patrick and the great James Burke were the gateways to science, infinity and beyond.

Posted 9 Dec 2012
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
I watched the november one and he said about 2 words throughout the show with his head held down most of the time, I sent Paul Abel a tweet about it but he said he'd spooken to him and was ok, i knew it was only a matter of time though. He will be missed. Everyone get out late Thursday night into Friday morning this week and watch the Geminids in his memory, it's going to be a good one this year providing it's clear.
Posted 9 Dec 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
I remember watching him years back with his monocle and considered him as a crazy old professor, watching him play his xylophone, I changed it to a crazy old genius.

R.I.P Patrick

Posted 9 Dec 2012
Shannow
Photographer
Shannow
"Proudly declaring himself to be English (rather than British) with "not the slightest wish to integrate with anybody". He has stated his admiration for controversial former MP politician Enoch Powell. Moore devoted an entire chapter ("The Weak Arm of the Law") of his autobiography to denouncing modern British society, particularly "motorist-hunting" policemen, sentencing policy, as well as the Race Relations Act, Sex Discrimination Act and the "Thought Police / Politically Correct Brigade". He later wrote that "homosexuals are mainly responsible for the spreading of AIDS (the Garden of Eden is home of Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve)"

It's a shame he was less amiable than he appeared on TV.

Posted 9 Dec 2012
psn
Photographer
psn
I heard a story that the reason he never married was because his childhood sweetheart turned him down and he could not face being rejected again. RIP.

Posted 9 Dec 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join