First ever modelling photograph game...

First ever modelling photograph game...

18 posts
9 Dec 2012
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider

I thought it would be interesting to see everyones first ever photo from a shoot. Either the photographers first properly edited photo from their first shoot, or the first photo a model received from their first shoot.

Details from the shoot are optional, depending how embarrassed you are about it!

So, here's mine, and let's see everyone elses!

I will fully admit that after this picture I knew I wanted to do photography properly, as I always had an interest. This is one of my best friends, Jo, who was happy to pose for a few pics in front of a black sheet on the wall. And the camera? (cringe time!) A Casio QV-R40. Two days later I went out and bought my first DSLR camera.

The photo was taken on the 22nd October 2006.

Posted 9 Dec 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
First time I pointed a camera at someone, in an arrangement, i got this: There;s actually far better ones of her from the same afternoon, but this is technically the first. Yes, it is a her. My boots, my mask, my g/fs jacket and the models clothes.
Posted 9 Dec 2012
THIS was my FIRST professional shoot in the 1970's (!!!) and HEY PRESTO...it actually got published in Weekend Magazine. I nearly framed the payment cheque...laughTaken when I was in my very early 20's...kinda a long time ago...

I STILL have the same outfit...and modelled it recently!

Posted 9 Dec 2012
Edited by SuzyMonty 9 Dec 2012
_Maz_
Model
_Maz_
This was my first ever shoot. 11/3/2006

16, awful makeup skills, bad skin and no idea how to pose or style myself properly. 
Still tend to look back at old pictures to see how far I've come...usually teamed with: "why did I think this (pose/expression/outfit/makeup) looked good?"

Posted 9 Dec 2012
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
_Maz_

This was my first ever shoot. 11/3/2006

16, awful makeup skills, bad skin and no idea how to pose or style myself properly. 
Still tend to look back at old pictures to see how far I've come...usually teamed with: "why did I think this (pose/expression/outfit/makeup) looked good?"

The funny thing is, is that you could compare the picture you posted against your main profile picture (since they are kinda similar setups) to clearly see how far you've come - which is  A LOT!!!
Posted 9 Dec 2012
My first shoot was more like bodyscape nudes..

this is one of the first shoots but not quite the first

I don't see it and think I've come on a long way though, it just makes me giggle.. no arms.. no legs haha! 2007

Posted 9 Dec 2012
Edited by Chrissie_Red 9 Dec 2012
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Chrissie_Red

I don't see it and think I've come on a long way though, it just makes me giggle.. no arms.. no legs haha! 2007

And yet I bet you that at the time (just like I thought with my first shoot pics) you thought the pics were awesome. surprise
Posted 9 Dec 2012
Edited by thestarglider 9 Dec 2012
thestarglider

And yet I bet you that at the time (just like I thought with my first shoot pics) you thought the pics were awesome. surprise

I wouldn't go that far :-P
Posted 9 Dec 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
This one for a dress designer. This is the designer after the model no showed. (booked by designer) The lighting was courtesy of every light in the shop turned on, a reflector and AWB. More misses than hits on the day, but it was the start of a learning curve
Posted 9 Dec 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Chrissie_Red

You did Glamour 

Posted 9 Dec 2012
Shannow
Photographer
Shannow
First 'proper' shoot I ever did. Outfit needs fixed at the front, model too close to the background, a bit underexposed, nails should have been dealt with... these are among many thngs that I still fail to notice at the time I'm shooting, for which i should be shot.

Posted 9 Dec 2012
Courtesy of an image-mill in London. I fully knew what I was getting into with regards to cost etc, I had never even considered modelling, went along with a friend and got hooked!
Posted 9 Dec 2012
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Some blown highlights on the skin which I smoothed too much and not enough skin tidy-up first. Most of my early editing was pretty bad, I made skin ridiculously plastic-like; I was also bad for cutting off fingertips, hands and toes. Lovely model though, shame she moved away before I grew out of that phase!
Posted 30 Dec 2012
ellieellis
Photographer
ellieellis
My first ever shoot with a model, this pic has been one of my most popular ever and still sits in my portfolio, back in the days when I was crazy about photoshop and less concerned about what happened in camera
Posted 30 Dec 2012
Edited by ellieellis 30 Dec 2012
This one for me. Never even considered modelling or anything like it beforehand but after this moment I was hooked!
Posted 31 Dec 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join