It might seem petty but...

It might seem petty but...

33 posts
5 Dec 2012
River
Model
River
.....from a photographer's point of view, whould I stay brunette, or go back to my natural blonde?

Now that I have some brunette images in my port I would like opinions, as I cant decide what to do and would like photographer's perspectives as to what is preferred.
Thanks
River
Posted 5 Dec 2012
stefanschiefer
Photographer
stefanschief..
I think you should go back to natural blonde, I love these photos just my opinion http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1152096&u=River http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=615682&u=River http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1050660&u=River
Posted 5 Dec 2012
Edited by stefanschiefer 5 Dec 2012
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Both are good
Posted 5 Dec 2012
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
Back.

I prefer you the way you were, and I usually like darker haired girls. But only go as far as you used to be, bottle blonde or that horrendous 'white' blonde wouldn't suit. Just my personal opinion, though.
Posted 5 Dec 2012
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonke..
From my point of view, as a photographer, it would not matter. I think you look equally as good with either hair colour. You have some great photos on your port from after turning brunette. I have known models that have gone from blonde to brown and they look dramatically different. But you don't. I would suggest you choose which colour you like best and not be too bothered by what the photographers think. I have a strong personal dislike of overbleached blonde hair with dark roots. I know Madonna gets away with it, but I hate it and think it looks unkempt. Just my 2c worth.
Posted 5 Dec 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
Blonde, I think, suits you better.

Posted 5 Dec 2012
barone
Photographer
barone
".....from a photographer's point of view, whould I stay brunette, or go back to my natural blonde?" Surely it would depend on the colour of your shoes & handbag...
Posted 5 Dec 2012
diipii
Photographer
diipii
Have you had more or less work since you went brunette ?

Posted 5 Dec 2012
sirspread
Photographer
sirspread
i prefer blonde

Posted 6 Dec 2012
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Shave your head. Use the money saved in hairdressing costs to buy wigs. It won't be long before you have enough to be either colour at will, and soon after that you can add other coloured wigs with the money you've saved on hair-dyes too. Makes perfect sense to me.
Posted 6 Dec 2012
depends what market you want

with blonde hair you look very young, innocent, girl next door

with brunette you still look young but more grown up, slightly vintage and a bit more sexy and vixen like

if you are going to stick brunette i think you might suit a shade of two darker (a rich mahogany color) just my opinion though

Posted 6 Dec 2012
Chrestomatics
Photographer
Chrestomatic..
although your picture of you reclining in a corset uploaded on the 5th December is one of the best pictures I have ever seen of you River, your natural hair colour suits you far better

Posted 6 Dec 2012
EdT
Photographer
EdT
I think you suit them both, maybe a slight preference for your blonde look.

My real worry would be that a return to blonde would look bleached rather than natural. But then again, I probably know nothing about modern hair colouring products.

Posted 6 Dec 2012
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
brunette

Posted 6 Dec 2012
River
Model
River
Thanks all,

I cant say whether Ive had more work since Ive been brunette, because I moved from Norfolk to Cambridge recently. I know its not a massive move but Ive had shoots since the move, so it could be because of that, or it could be the hair colour, I don't know.

I might go back to blonde when it starts to get a bit warmer. I understand the need for a model to be consistent- I know it may seem annoying when people keep changing their appearances, its hard to keep up to date with them!
With regards to going back to blonde, my friend recently went back from brunette to her natural blonde. She used a product called 'Colour B4'- which lifts the dark colour off of the natural colour. Her's came out fine, ever so slightly strawberry blonde, but she put a toner over the top which brought it back to a nice, natural shade.

Thanks for the comments!

Posted 6 Dec 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join