need help with body shape?

need help with body shape?

12 posts
5 Dec 2012
Could someone please help find a way to figure out my body shape as when i have asked people before i've had everyting from pear to apple to cello?? just wondering if anybody new of a sure fire way to help me figure it out please? x

Posted 5 Dec 2012
alanwilson
Photographer
alanwilson
There is confusion, but I always see it this way.

Apple........concentrated shape at the chest
Pear.........Concentrated shape at hips
Hourglass....Both = nipped in waist

I suppose cello is the same as hourglass.

Best wishes....Alan

Posted 5 Dec 2012
apple is concentrated at the belly and waist its lollypop that is concentrated at the chest (normally characteristic by small hips and thin legs)

you are slightly pear shaped because you are mildly larger round the hips although you could probably convince people your hourglass shaped with the right outfit

you definitely not apple

here is a list of some body types:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-488236/Trinny-Susannah-reveal-12-womens-body-types--you.html

Posted 5 Dec 2012
rickcharles
Photographer
rickcharles
never heard of cello before but after a bit of Googling cello is described as big boobs, short waist, big hips, big bottom, big thighs and slim lower legs, but much to my relief the similarity ends there as an actual Cello is also wooden and has two f-holes ; to avoid misinterpretation photographers would be well advised to stay with the fruit and glass
Posted 5 Dec 2012
an actual Cello is also wooden and has two f-holes ; to avoid misinterpretation photographers would be well advised to stay with the fruit and glass
Posted 5 Dec 2012
thanks alan and ill have a look now rattusrock thank you

Posted 5 Dec 2012
I would say cello is a less curvy version of an hourglass, I would say your the same shape as me, we are both curvy but our waists aren't like dita vontis (can't spell) x

Posted 5 Dec 2012
do you mean Dita von tease? her waist is 20" or less i think which only occurs with quite extreme corset training, its not natural
Posted 5 Dec 2012
RattusRock
do you mean Dita von tease? her waist is 20" or less i think which only occurs with quite extreme corset training, its not natural
ahaha, yes thats the one, I know, but you know what I mean, I'm 36/31/36 Which I wouldn't consider quite hour glass x
Posted 5 Dec 2012
I always thought to qualify as hourglass you need a difference of 10 inches approx between waist and hips.
No matter what my weight my waist and hips always remain at least ten inches different(waist is currently 29,hips 41)
I don't know I think im between hourglass and Cello.I do have a short waist with little space between my waist and bustline but my legs are average length for a tall girl, long but not super long, just a little more than average because of my height.
However I am looking to shave a good four inches off my waist and hips,don't know which one I will be then,but I will be happier!
Posted 5 Dec 2012
Edited by laurenlangley 5 Dec 2012
If you looked solely at my measurements i'd be a cello/hourglass (there's usually 8-9+ inches between my bust/waist and waist/hips), but personally I don't know if I look that shape. I'm not particularly busty, i'd say i'm average for my size, but my shoulders are broad and deep. Like a Linebacker! Oh well, I don't really mind so long as people keep booking me
Posted 5 Dec 2012
I also have broad shoulders, they are as broad as my hips,so giving a very pronounced shape.I was originally a B/C cup so I looked less hourglass then even so I still fitted that criteria x

Posted 5 Dec 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join