making someone look wet/splashed with water

making someone look wet/splashed with water

13 posts
5 Dec 2012
CBavage
Make Up Artist
CBavage
HI All,

am looking for suggestions for making someone look wet or splashed for a photoshoot.

I did something similar last week and the client had already organized sugar water - but the model found it very itchy. So im looking for an alternative - something that will hold droplets/wet look for photos but without the irritation.

Im thinking maybe a baby oil spray or a mix of oil/water??

Any suggestions? The shoot is Friday and the client is very important so i dont want any more itchy models!!

Posted 5 Dec 2012
_Maz_
Model
_Maz_
I tend to put on a lot of baby oil then spray water on top (just not too cold!).

Posted 5 Dec 2012
BrianSelway
Photographer
BrianSelway
Try a thin layer of baby oil, and spray a mix of 90% water and 10% glycerine, it doesn't evapotate too quickly then.

Posted 5 Dec 2012
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
Baby oil and water.
That's how I did the torso shot in my port.

Don't offer to put the baby oil on for them as that may offend (some).

Posted 5 Dec 2012
Baby oil and water like above has mentioned. Use a squirty bottle for water and have it warmish otherwise your model will most likely get goose bumps lol xxx

Posted 5 Dec 2012
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Better than baby oil and does not make model smell like a creche on the way home, is food quality corn oil. Takes water well but try using Golden Syrup instead of water for a very interesting effect.

Posted 5 Dec 2012
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
Boots Soap & Glory Easy Glistening™ Dry Oil Body Gloss spray can. Followed by misting with water. Quick, no touching skin to make cover uneven, not bad for skin like baby (mineral) oil.

use closer to the skin and much more generously than intended to get a wet look rather than a shimmer.

Posted 6 Dec 2012
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipman
Glycerin and water mixed as said above about 70% water to 30% Glycerin should do the trick in a cosmetic spray bottle. The Glycerin will stay put and beads on the skin whereas baby oil tends to run more
Posted 8 Dec 2012
Edited by ClaireShipman 8 Dec 2012
http://graftobian.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=1237&catId=2195

artificial sweat and tears used by fx artists

Posted 8 Dec 2012
Edited by RattusRock 8 Dec 2012
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
I always use glycerin and water looks more natural than baby oil and beads up like sweat i've used it a few times especially on sports and boxing type shoots
Posted 17 Dec 2012
AegeanSoft
Photographer
AegeanSoft
Corn oil rather than baby oil as I think it makes the water bead up more than baby oil.

Jessie Robin - water on oil
Posted 17 Dec 2012
Edited by AegeanSoft 17 Dec 2012
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
I also subscribe to the the baby oil/water combination. Always works a treat for me!
Posted 17 Dec 2012
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
Baby oil and water...
Posted 18 Dec 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join