Another mouth to feed

Another mouth to feed

24 posts
3 Dec 2012
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
Kate and Wills are having a baby. Congrats,

Now that puts the baby 3rd in line to the throne. It's about time some young blood was at the top of the food chain.

Now wait for all the names it will be called, I bet if it's a boy Charles will be one of them and if a girl Diana.
Posted 3 Dec 2012
EdT
Photographer
EdT
couchpotato
Now that puts the baby 3rd in line to the throne. It's about time some young blood was at the top of the food chain.
Wouldn't that depend on the sex of the baby? I thought that current law still puts males ahead of females.
Posted 3 Dec 2012
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
EdT
Wouldn't that depend on the sex of the baby? I thought that current law still puts males ahead of females.
No
Posted 3 Dec 2012
I feel bad for Kate having hyperemesis and all the awful comments being made about her in various places!

Posted 3 Dec 2012
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Missie0290

I feel bad for Kate having hyperemesis and all the awful comments being made about her in various places!

12 weeks pregnant.....how long ago was it she was photographed on holiday in France with her boobs out?.......might have been a very romantic few days....surprise
Posted 3 Dec 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
EdT

stolenfaces

No

Yes

They have merely announced the intention to change it. Last year at a meeting in Perth, Commonwealth leaders agreed to end the  rule that places male children before their elder sisters in the line of succession. (It would also remove legal provisions that heirs marrying Roman Catholics would be ineligible to succeed to the throne.)

But moving forward from there is a complicated process as legislation has to be drafted in each Commonwealth country where the Queen is the Head of State. (15, I believe).

Brief replies are good:  accurate ones better.  laugh

Posted 3 Dec 2012
Edited by mph 3 Dec 2012
EdT
Photographer
EdT
mph
Yes They have merely announced the intention to change it. Last year at a meeting in Perth, Commonwealth leaders agreed to end the  rule that places male children before their elder sisters in the line of succession. (It would also remove legal provisions that heirs marrying Roman Catholics would be ineligible to succeed to the throne.) But moving forward from there is a complicated process as legislation has to be drafted in each Commonwealth country where the Queen is the Head of State. (15, I believe).
Thankyou, I thought that was the case. Though, listening to most TV & Radio reports they give the impression that the law has already been changed. Seems journalism is getting increasingly sloppy.
Posted 4 Dec 2012
Edited by EdT 4 Dec 2012
Missie0290

This.
I have to admit I am not really a royal family fan, a bit non plussed generally, but Hyperemesis sucks ..errmm...royally ..

Posted 4 Dec 2012
mph

Last year at a meeting in Perth

Somebody say Perth?

Oh no its not another f$%king pregnancy thread!! 

*Clears off*.

Posted 4 Dec 2012
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
On a personal level I hope everything goes well. On a philosophical level I'm outraged that a child, yet to be born, is assigned to a position of greatness through some outdated and abusive code of genetics. It's truly, truly pathetic.

Posted 4 Dec 2012
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
The papers will be full of this story for the next 6 months. Groan! I cannot be the only one who is really not interested.

Posted 4 Dec 2012
Maloby
Photographer
Maloby
carshaltonkev

The papers will be full of this story for the next 6 months. Groan! I cannot be the only one who is really not interested.

This is truly delightful news for any family. It will be the topic of conversation for many months in the press and elsewhere, possibly to an unavoidable level. So please be considerate to those that you may not know cannot have children or have had recent complications. Carefully listen to see if the topic goes down like a lead balloon and change subject if it does. Happy news unfortunately does not always bring happiness to everyone.
Posted 4 Dec 2012
I'm really happy for them and can't wait to see baby photos
Posted 4 Dec 2012
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
profilepictures

On a personal level I hope everything goes well. On a philosophical level I'm outraged that a child, yet to be born, is assigned to a position of greatness through some outdated and abusive code of genetics. It's truly, truly pathetic.

This might not be the case of course...a lot depends on the Queen's health.

She has made it clear many times that she will reign until her death...if she lives to the same age as her mother that is still a long time.

Charles of course is already an old man.......if he should sucumbe before the  Queen then the line of succession will pass to Andrew...and then his children.

Just a thought.
Posted 4 Dec 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
anthonyh

This might not be the case of course...a lot depends on the Queen's health.

She has made it clear many times that she will reign until her death...if she lives to the same age as her mother that is still a long time.

Charles of course is already an old man.......if he should sucumbe before the Queen then the line of succession will pass to Andrew...and then his children.

Just a thought.

No problem - he would be just as grumpy!

Oh for a President instead eh - wonder if Berlusconi would fancy the job? Save us a fortune, the moral standards would increase and tourism would boom.
Posted 4 Dec 2012
Edited by mph 4 Dec 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join