Newsflash! Mature Models Published In American Book

Newsflash! Mature Models Published In American Book

26 posts
27 Nov 2012
All the models featured had to be aged  over 40...well I qualified well enough at 61!

It's basically a CELEBRATION of the mature model...

It is the third in the series that I've been featured  in (was on cover of one book).

This time,  9 of my fashion images used...

This one was the last in book...appropriately! By JPD Photography (not on this site)

Book also inlcuded this one on fly leaf 
By Dave of Black Rose Art http://www.purestorm.com/DigitalPassion

Project 40+ book, "(Sexy) Fashions," is now a reality! http://www.amazon.com/Project-40-Fashio … ject+40%2B
Posted 27 Nov 2012
Edited by SuzyMonty 27 Nov 2012
JBC
Photographer
JBC

Congratulations Suzy, well deserved.

Posted 27 Nov 2012
Thank you Jon!

The founder of the idea for book was Andrew Gellert from Arizona, but unfortunately he died from a heart attack and another American photographer, Jeffrey D. Glasser took over the editing of the current book - a LOT of hard work on his part.

cheeky
Posted 27 Nov 2012
Yet again, an absolute triumph for you in the commercial printed media world.
Many, many congratulations!

cheeky #ff0000">Fantastic!
Posted 27 Nov 2012
Thank you Ade!

Just heard from the editor of book, Jeff Glasser...tee! hee!

He said ' I think I used 12 of your pictures, which gave you the highest photo count of the 52 models' (That's 12 pages...lol)

Here's another one used..by Marurices Imagery on this site (taken in Christchurch)...
http://www.purestorm.com/MauricesImagery

Posted 28 Nov 2012
Edited by SuzyMonty 28 Nov 2012
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
Well done Suzy, you deserve it.

Posted 28 Nov 2012
alanwilson
Photographer
alanwilson
They have plenty of very fine images to choose from Suzy, and the editor probably had to limit what he used to 12. I dare say you will make the grade very easily in the next books in the series.

A hearty and well deserved congratulations.

Posted 28 Nov 2012
Thanks Sarge and Alan...

Just waiting for the tear sheets...the editor of book has been busy doing PR interviews for the book.

The book was suppose to be published in May this year, but he had so many submissions that it's only just in time for Christmas...laugh

Saw a sign this morning in a gift shop... ' IT IS ALWAYS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT (FOR 15 MINS OF FAME)
                                               BUT
                                               IT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE ALWAYS NICE'

That's good advice for anyone, however famous/ big  they make it in the modelling/ photography world...frown

ALWAYS be nice to everyone on your way up the ladder, because you never who you will meet on the way down...ha! ha!

So, thanks for being nice about my little bit of success - much appreciated...cheeky

Posted 28 Nov 2012
Edited by SuzyMonty 28 Nov 2012
Well done Suzy! So now you'll be published in America, great achievement x

Posted 28 Nov 2012
Hi Lisa,

Just another 8 years to go...and YOU can submit some pictures to the series...lol...laugh

'Established in America'...?....gosh that's just a pin prick...but a happy one at that! They seem to like 'Golden Oldies' over there...blush

Nice port from you.

Many thanks,

Suzy x
Posted 29 Nov 2012
congratulations, well done for this Suzy!!!

p.s. Someone said that I have some images somewhere in the book, any way that you could check for me if you have a copy of the book? I saw it priced at £50 thereabouts so theres no way I could afford to buy it sadly....

Posted 29 Nov 2012
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
Cheaper on amazon!

Posted 29 Nov 2012
I sort of hope it will be in the January sale l.o.l.

Posted 29 Nov 2012
actiongirl

congratulations, well done for this Suzy!!! p.s. Someone said that I have some images somewhere in the book, any way that you could check for me if you have a copy of the book? I saw it priced at £50 thereabouts so theres no way I could afford to buy it sadly....

Hi Susie,

Will send email to editor. You certainly deserve to be in the book...you don't look your age at all. Beautiful nude studies of you on your port.

It's sold on Amazon for $27.12 ( Retail price normally $42.50)

I think it must be a very heavy Coffee Table style book to be that much...I know the books in the former series were priced a lot lower. He is sending me a PDF...but that could be just of my images...so yes, will check for you Susie.

Regards,

The 'Other' Suzy ...lol
Posted 29 Nov 2012
Edited by SuzyMonty 29 Nov 2012

Editor just sent this email Susie...So Congratulations to YOU too!

cheeky

'Yes, Susie Angel is in the book, too. I think I used around 5-6 of her pictures, which were also excellent.'
Posted 30 Nov 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join