whats the best way to start off?

whats the best way to start off?

3 posts
16 Nov 2012
iv been modeling (unprofessionally) for a few years but i have found it very hard to find a photographer im comfortable to work with,i have a lot of ideas and i also take photos myself (mainly nature)but its very hard to find someone to work with on a regular basis. could anyone suggest any legitimate sites where i can speak to more people?
Posted 17 Nov 2012
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Create a casting call for a TF shoot: See http://www.purestorm.com/create-casting-call.aspx

Since you shoot up to nude, there will be dozens of photographers who wlll reply. Select some of those who you like their work and who have good referencves (which you can  check by contacting models they have worked with). If you want to advertise for paid work, then upgrade to Silver membership and add a Casting fopr Paid Work.

There are a few other sites. Speak to some local models and photographers to see which ones work in your area. Purestorm is the biggest UK based site.
Posted 17 Nov 2012
Edited by tarmoo 17 Nov 2012
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
"...have found it hard to find a photographer I'm comfortable to work with..."

That worries me. There are as many photographers out there as grains of sand on the beach, SOME are right dweebs, SOME are nasty and selfish, SOME are bullies, SOME are perverts: SOME are very nice guys, SOME are extremely nice guys, SOME are very fair-minded and respectful etc. etc.

Do you, perhaps, need to ask yourself why you feel uncomfortable with all the photographers with whom you have worked? Feeling uncomfortable with a pervy GWC is entirely appropriate. Feeling uncomfortable with one of the nice guys, perhaps, implies that you should not be modelling?

Feeling uncomfortable at the start of a shoot with a new (to you) photographer is normal. Continuing to feel uncomfortable with that photographer after a series of successful, unproblematic shoots is unusual.

From your folio and your location, I as an Exeter based photographer am certainly interested in you. I am free from the 28th. November for 16 days. If you would like to meet I am happy to drive down to Plymouth and pay for coffee and sticky cakes! I have to go to Bodmin at some time so could combine the two. Have you tried talking to a photographer? That might help.

Posted 17 Nov 2012
Edited by ForumModerator 17 Nov 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join