mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
Depends what you mean by headshots but in your general area:

Phil Drinkwater

Posted 16 Nov 2012
Edited by mgphotomedia 16 Nov 2012
Well, mainly for acting.
The previous ones I've used before have been moderate.
Which is why I have a poor portfolio..

Posted 16 Nov 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
Simoneyeahh

Well, mainly for acting...

Ah OK.

In that case try Paul Cox.
Posted 16 Nov 2012
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
The front page featured images are littered with great portraits and headshots, it shouldn't take you too long to find a local photographer whose style you like.

Posted 16 Nov 2012
Yates
Photographer
Yates
Yeah... Me....
Posted 16 Nov 2012
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Model headshots need to meet a definite brief / style which is different from what many on here will consider to be a headshot. Therefore, OP, make sure that you have clear examples and that the photographer knows exactly what you need as opposed to what they might be used to doing.
Posted 16 Nov 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
Photoimager

Model headshots need to meet a definite brief / style which is different from what many on here will consider to be a headshot. Therefore, OP, make sure that you have clear examples and that the photographer knows exactly what you need as opposed to what they might be used to doing.

+ 1

You'll find very few headshots here that are suitable for use by actors professionally. Browsing the front page featured images is extremely unlikely to reveal any and will most likely take you down the wrong path again.
Posted 16 Nov 2012
Okay.. Thanks guys..

Posted 16 Nov 2012
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
mgphotomedia

+ 1

You'll find very few headshots here that are suitable for use by actors professionally. Browsing the front page featured images is extremely unlikely to reveal any and will most likely take you down the wrong path again.

Pray Sir, please explain?
Posted 16 Nov 2012
Yates
Photographer
Yates
Photoimager
Tell that to Peter Hurley...
Posted 16 Nov 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
GSC4X

Pray Sir, please explain?

Actor Headshots

Take a look at the above link. It should be clear to you that there is a consistency of style amongst the images that is far from typical of the kind of headshots commonly seen here.
Posted 16 Nov 2012
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Spotlight always used to like monochrome images, Head and top of shoulders. Casting folk like to have similar shots to move around on a table to see how different faces would look together. In the US they are happier with bright colour shots. It's been a while since I've had a look at the spotlight requirements, just ask them. The below was fine at the time the slight "champagne wash" made it stand out without being irritating according to the actress.

Si

Posted 17 Nov 2012
Edited by Allinthemind 17 Nov 2012
Martin Smith and/or Mark Jobson in Newcastle. Not too far and both absolutely exceptional photographers. I can vouch for both - Martin's headshots of me are still some of my favourites (my forum avatar and main image are by Martin)

Posted 19 Nov 2012
Edited by AbiHillModel 19 Nov 2012
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Yates
Tell that to Peter Hurley...

Even if there was any actual meaning to the above there are differences across the pond with regard to what is required. Therefore I'm sure that he would professionally advise people to check with the likes of RADA and UK agencies in order to be certain as to what is required.

Posted 20 Nov 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join