(External to Purestorm)">i really want my images!!!!!! (External...

i really want my images!!!!!! (External to Purestorm)

38 posts
5 Nov 2012
i did a shoot (not with any one from this site i must add ) and the preview photos on back of camera they showed me looked good especially one where i am leaning against a pillar with my dreads down as its a lot different to a lot of images on my port given its taken in a bar that we had permission to shoot in so quite atmospheric...anyway i digress
i haven't received any images back the shoot was 4 months ago now and i have messaged the photographer several times and no reply i have sent them my email address even checked my spam mail just to be sure but no images-should i just chalk it up to a bad experience and move on? i am thinking this is likely the only solution but thought i would get some thoughts from others
what would you do if it were you?
i haven't had this problem before or since as usually photographers have been prompt sending me previews to be edited and edited photos
just a bit annoyed/disappointed as i traveled a fair way to an unfamiliar town with no expenses

i am not trying to be pushy or out the person/s involved(hence no name) just miffed....
Posted 5 Nov 2012
Edited by WebModerator 5 Nov 2012
Mansell
Photographer
Mansell
If it was a TF arrangement then you've every right to be seriously p****d off.

If you discussed how many images and how long for editing them then you had a contract with the photograper and he should honour it though If he isn't a member here then you might have to bite the bullet and move on.
Posted 5 Nov 2012
Brian_Markie
Photographer
Brian_Markie
I'd persue and wouldn't give up. I'd start contacting peeps who have had a shoot with the tog and try n track him/her down. It just depends on how badly you want them. but that's me and it wouldn't take me long to find out either their studio or where they live.

Posted 5 Nov 2012
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
You are basically doing a paid shoot where the payment is images and the payment will be deferred for some time - so they have not paid you. So why do models take chances that someone will actually pay up. There are so many photographers offereing TFP - I would have thought it would be possible to discard all those who dont have great references for supplying images or their port sucks, but it seems some photographers seem to get away without supplying images - because the models keep booking them

I am also puzzled why this type of thread is posted on this site hen the problem was somewhere else. Again - booking shoots without the ability to at least verify people with some checks is taking a chance

Posted 5 Nov 2012
I posted here as they arent a member and I wanted impartial advice not to be horrid to them
And I did check refs they were all decent I even contacted the models that left them and the response was positive

Posted 5 Nov 2012
As they are not a Purestorm member we suggest you take the issue up with the Administrators
of the website you used to arrange the shoot and let them try to assist you.
Posted 5 Nov 2012
Thank you that is good advice I didn't think of that pregnancy brain!

Posted 5 Nov 2012
It is a frustrating situation to be in and the fact that the individual in question is not even getting back to you makes it that bit more annoying. If you have already gone down the road of politely messaging to ask how the edits are coming along and are still not getting anywhere, as already suggested the issue needs to be addressed to the moderation team of the site in which the collaboration was initially arranged.

Posted 5 Nov 2012
barone
Photographer
barone
Maybe we could have a system where the photographer gives the model a certain amount of money...then when he's fulfilled his side of the deal and provided the agreed images...he gets his money back....
Posted 5 Nov 2012
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
I can also think of one or two mercenry models who'd agree to a TFP shoot "to get the cash" and then vanish themselves when it came for the photographer to hand over the images and get their money back.

Posted 5 Nov 2012
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
Gerry99111
I can also think of one or two mercenry models who'd agree to a TFP shoot "to get the cash" and then vanish themselves when it came for the photographer to hand over the images and get their money back.
No, they would say that they had spent the money yet STILL expect the photos To the OP, get back in touch and let them know that you would appreciate them within the next week. Give them a time scale but no threats (yet). If they still dont come up with the goods, then send them another stating you will have no option than to give them bad feedback and get in touch with the mods of the site (providing the site allows this).
Posted 6 Nov 2012
Edited by Sarge 6 Nov 2012
darrenbrade
Photographer
darrenbrade
Hi OP, why were you shooting in a bar? Were the pictures just for your portfolios or was it for the bar?

Posted 6 Nov 2012
The photos were for ports not the bar-it wasnt promotional just a location shot on tf basis the photographer hadpermission to use the location

Posted 7 Nov 2012
tthompson01
Photographer
tthompson01
unendingsleep

i did a shoot (not with any one from this site i must add ) and the preview photos on back of camera they showed me looked good .

Images on the camera screen can look good, however in reality when viewed on a computer may not have been so good. This can happen with some inexperienced photographers they are then too ashamed to admit their mistake to the model.

If this is the case I am afraid you will have to put it down to experience and move on.
Posted 7 Nov 2012
darrenbrade
Photographer
darrenbrade
While there is truth in that images don't always look as good as on screen (the camera screen isn't meant to be used for proofing imaging)I don't see how a whole shoot can turn out that bad. If a model is working with a photographer at that level then neither are going to be precious about any hiccups.

If the photographer is shooting a high-risk concept, then they should have a backup.

Ignoring the model doesn't fix anything.

Posted 7 Nov 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join