Lack of interest (sad face)

Lack of interest (sad face)

56 posts
31 Oct 2012
River
Model
River
Hi all,

I'm not feeling very happy with my modelling hobby at the moment. It seems that, for whatever reason, the amount of interest I have been getting is at an all time low. I don't know whether this is the same for all models, or whether it is down to me as an inidividual. I still enjoy modelling, but the current inability of time or funds to travel is limiting what I can do. I'd love to know what is putting photographers off of shooting me. I understand I'm not the tallest, slimmest or prettiest model, so is there anything can I do to bump up the interest, or is it purely the reccession and lack of desirability?
Need some advice please, feeling very down!
River
Posted 31 Oct 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
Probably the times. You are cheap (!) and good so I can't imagine why you are struggling. Obviously growing a few inches would help but you are pretty and hardly a clunker! Of course moving would help too
Posted 31 Oct 2012
OK as I see it you have a very nice look and you are certainly very pretty and would suit beauty images very well, I think the main reason for lack of interest is most probably down to work levels.

Posted 31 Oct 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
Full_Circle_Studio
OK as I see it you have a very nice look and you are certainly very pretty and would suit beauty images very well, I think the main reason for lack of interest is most probably down to work levels.
I am sure that is right too but there are those of us who work to similar levels and at her rates might well be prepared to pay even if we normally shoot TF
Posted 31 Oct 2012
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingTo..
I'd definately be happy to work with river based on her levels... For me photography is a hobby and I've been struggling to find time to get out and shoot

Posted 31 Oct 2012
mph
I am sure that is right too but there are those of us who work to similar levels and at her rates might well be prepared to pay even if we normally shoot TF
But the truth is on this site your photography levels are in the minority, and for a photographer shooting lower levels is a massive plus as it opens up the whole modelling community to you, having restrictive levels as a model is a massive negative, it's harsh but it is the truth!
Posted 31 Oct 2012
River
Model
River
Full_Circle_Studio

But the truth is on this site your photography levels are in the minority, and for a photographer shooting lower levels is a massive plus as it opens up the whole modelling community to you, having restrictive levels as a model is a massive negative, it's harsh but it is the truth!

I completely understand this, and maybe I would generate more interest if I upped my levels. I'm afraid though, as a student nurse, it's a bit of a no-go!
Posted 31 Oct 2012
Scottmorgan
Photographer
Scottmorgan
I would love to work with you but your a bit of a trek away
Posted 31 Oct 2012
BeachView
Photographer
BeachView
Well on positive note, I'm planning to shoot with you in next week or two. you are pretty and very desirable. However, it's a sign of difficult economy. The studio I shoot from had to cancel a studio day recently with a very popular model because of lack of interest. The model in question works to higher levels then yours so its not always about levels.

Posted 31 Oct 2012
MelPet
Photographer
MelPet
River, I'd love to shoot with you, I even offered to pay your train fare, but I got no reply... The offer was made on a different site though.

Posted 31 Oct 2012
River
I completely understand this, and maybe I would generate more interest if I upped my levels. I'm afraid though, as a student nurse, it's a bit of a no-go!
I wasn't suggesting you up your levels I understand that the real world creates limitations on what we do, but I think that is the only reason for a slowing of interest, you look great and if there was more work in your genre I'm sure they would be knocking at your door.
Posted 31 Oct 2012
For_Arts_Sake
Photographer
For_Arts_Sak..
I'd love to work with you, but you are on the opposite side of the country, unfortunately.

Posted 31 Oct 2012
River
Model
River
MelPet

River, I'd love to shoot with you, I even offered to pay your train fare, but I got no reply... The offer was made on a different site though.

PM'd frown
Posted 31 Oct 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
The only thing holding you back is your own get-up-and-go. Lack of time is something most of us have to overcome, student or not. And you can get a return ticket to Taunton for less than £20 with a young persons coachcard.

Posted 31 Oct 2012
Scarecrow
Photographer
Scarecrow
I too would be more than happy to shoot with you, but location is a problem.

Posted 31 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join