Im doing a research for my new business and have a few questions to ask you
This is mostly for people who work/can work in London
Questions are for MUA and Studios only (possibly photographers/ assistains)
1. How much do you charge per 1 hour of you work?
2. How much would you charge for a day? (lets say 9am-6pm)
3. Do you also do hair? if you do, will it b included in your rate or do you charge separatlly?
4. Do you do body art? Daily rates please
Studios: (London ONLY! prefferebly Central London)
1. How much is it to rent out a studio (hourly rate and min how many hours?)
2. Do you give discounts for a whole day rent (9am - 6pm)?
3. Do you rent it out with all the equipment (lights etc) - well, apart from a camera..
Photographers/tog assistaint: (Sorry, only experinced ones)
1. Whats your hourly rate?
2. Daily (9am - 6pm) rate would be?
This is not just a research, i might be hiring you for work on regular basis! Looking for a team of people to work with me and be a part of my business crew
Decide which market your going into e.g. makeovers is all about advertising, selling and high turnover, commercial is about developing a few key clients and providing a long term service. This will come up with 2 very different projections for your cost of sale.
Adding these two together you get your break-even point or how much you need to charge to stay open in your area in your sector of the studio market.
Then its about how you will differentiate yourself from your competition.
Your competition will be other London based studios, who may be less than keen to provide this commercial information with any degree of accuracy.