dry lips

11 posts
28 Oct 2012
at my work the air is really dry and I think its the time of year too, but I've tried lots of different lipsalves and no of them seem to make a difference. I also get alot of dead skin come up on my lips during the day, whats the best solution? x

Posted 28 Oct 2012
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
alshepherd

at my work the air is really dry and I think its the time of year too, but I've tried lots of different lipsalves and no of them seem to make a difference. I also get alot of dead skin come up on my lips during the day, whats the best solution? x

Keep hydrated.
Posted 28 Oct 2012
CrimsonPhoto
Photographer
CrimsonPhoto
elizabeth arden 8 hour cream lip balm its amazin :P

Posted 28 Oct 2012
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
Lucas Papaw ointment in a red tube available on the net and trust me the medication I used to be on used to make them crack and bleed but this stuff kept them hydrated for hours. Its a staple in my kit for dry lips.
Posted 31 Oct 2012
The Body Shop has a lip balm stick made from hemp. it works, lasts ages and is all natural.

Posted 31 Oct 2012
Keep hydrated.
Rub an old, dry toothbrush over your lips to exfoliate.

Posted 1 Nov 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
I was taught the secret that desert nomads use to stop their lips blistering by my friend Carol 'Caz' Cooney, who is reputed to be the best female off-road driver in the Middle East and has spent many years exploring the Empty Quarter and Djebels of Abu Dhabi and Oman relying on her driving and survival skills.

According to Caz, first thing in the morning before mounting their camels the nomads make their steeds kneel down by tugging with their right hand on the bridle while at the same time gently lifting the tail of the Ship of the Desert  and quickly kissing the little chocolate starfish underneath.

This doesn't cure the problem but it sure stops them licking their lips.

Bob

Posted 1 Nov 2012
Edited by Bob 1 Nov 2012
I often put suger in my Vaseline and scrub my lips then scrub with a toothbrush ...then just put some lip balm on! Works for me and I have big lips xx
Posted 1 Nov 2012
I understand where you're coming from as the air in my work is really dry too, and combined with the harsh cold weather my skin gets really dry too! Use a rich moisturiser, exfoliate regularly and use lots of vaseline on your lips - works for me!
Posted 10 Dec 2012
I swear by Carmex! 1000x better than vaseline and I dont even need to exfoliate my lips with anything. This is coming from someone who constantly had horrible dry lips and couldnt get away with wearing most lipsticks because of it. Ive got the cherry one that comes in a little pot, plus its dead cheap which is a bonus!

Posted 10 Dec 2012
Lush sugar scrub and loads of lip balm works for me.

Posted 21 Jan 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join