Anyone suffer with colitis?!

Anyone suffer with colitis?!

17 posts
26 Oct 2012
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Hi guys,
I didn't know off hand where else I could post this..
I was wondering if anyone suffered with colitis?!
My mum does and she's going through a poop time at the moment and I was wondering if there was anyone/ anywhere you know she could chat to.
You know someone who knows what she's going through!
I can try but I think shed benefit from a chat with a fellow sufferer!
Please <3
Much appreciated xxxx

Posted 26 Oct 2012
jaejay
Photographer
jaejay
Fortunately I do not suffer from "Colitis". But if you "Google" "colitis forum" you will find a list of chatrooms, forums and help lines that deal with the subject.

Hope this is of help and that your mother soon improves.

Posted 26 Oct 2012
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
jaejay

Fortunately I do not suffer from "Colitis". But if you "Google" "colitis forum" you will find a list of chatrooms, forums and help lines that deal with the subject. Hope this is of help and that your mother soon improves.

I guess so..
I was more hoping for a single person on here she could chat to..
I will pass on the forums I guess but she kind of gets wound up by them x
Posted 26 Oct 2012
I have Crohn's disease which manifests mainly as ulcerative colitis.

I'm happy to talk to anyone about it. I also know of a few decent forums, but I'm here if she wants a chat.

Posted 26 Oct 2012
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
beauvoir

I have Crohn's disease which manifests mainly as ulcerative colitis. I'm happy to talk to anyone about it. I also know of a few decent forums, but I'm here if she wants a chat.

Bless you,
Can you ping the forums over...
I shall let her know x
Posted 26 Oct 2012
Nel05
Model
Nel05
My Girlfriend has colitis/her mum to. Has you mother been to the doctors for tablets yet? They help, and to be honest smoking cigarettes help to (unusual I know).

Nel x

Posted 26 Oct 2012
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Nel05

My Girlfriend has colitis/her mum to. Has you mother been to the doctors for tablets yet? They help, and to be honest smoking cigarettes help to (unusual I know). Nel x

She was on tablets anyway, upped her dosage.
Blood test this morning... ERM 

She wouldn't go near cigarettes haha :P

Xox
Posted 26 Oct 2012
Nel05
Model
Nel05
I'm all out of suggestions The poor woman, I hope your mum gets better. Hopefully the bad phase will calm down very soon. I know my girlfriends mum has really bad spells & not so bad spells. I think she just powers through it as best she can Probably best to not smoke if she never has :P xx
Posted 26 Oct 2012
Nel05
My Girlfriend has colitis/her mum to. Has you mother been to the doctors for tablets yet? They help, and to be honest smoking cigarettes help to (unusual I know). Nel x
Strangely, though smoking helps colitis, it makes Crohn's worse.
Posted 26 Oct 2012
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Nel05

I'm all out of suggestions The poor woman, I hope your mum gets better. Hopefully the bad phase will calm down very soon. I know my girlfriends mum has really bad spells & not so bad spells. I think she just powers through it as best she can Probably best to not smoke if she never has :P xx

She is getting really down about it.
Thinking its everything shes eating...

She runs last time it went mental her friend also got the toilets(Thats what I'll call it)
She got better quick and now mum thinks its running.
x
Posted 26 Oct 2012
Nel05
Model
Nel05
No, it's nothing to do with eating habbits. It's sadly just one of them things, if your prone to it (passed on through family) you can't help it.

Also bleeding from the bottom is normal, but there are fluids she can put up to help. Not 100% on the details, but I could find out if she isn't doing that already?

xx

Posted 26 Oct 2012
Nel05
No, it's nothing to do with eating habbits. It's sadly just one of them things, if your prone to it (passed on through family) you can't help it. Also bleeding from the bottom is normal, but there are fluids she can put up to help. Not 100% on the details, but I could find out if she isn't doing that already? xx
With many people they go on an elimination diet because diet is everything to do with it. Bleeding from your back passage is NOT normal and is a sign you should go to your doctor. It's a symptom, not a by-product, so get it checked out.
Posted 26 Oct 2012
Nel05
Model
Nel05
beauvoir
Bleeding from your back passage is NOT normal and is a sign you should go to your doctor. It's a symptom
Sorry, I meant it's normal for that to be a symptom of colitis, but there are medications to combat that.
Posted 29 Oct 2012
River
Model
River
My mum has it, and I have IBS (which what hers started as...then progressed after she had my little brother). Mum finds food that contain a lot of fibre as well as spicy foods, tend to make it a lot worse and will cause her to be in pain and have loose feaces from about 12-48 hours after ingestion. It's not a very nice condition, mum found it helpful to keep a 'food diary' for a few weeks, to find out which foods aggrevated it, so she could cut them out of her diet. Very helpful at managing the symptoms.

Posted 29 Oct 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
BaileyK

She is getting really down about it.
Thinking its everything shes eating...

She runs last time it went mental her friend also got the toilets(Thats what I'll call it)
She got better quick and now mum thinks its running.
x

I had Crohn's diagnosed over 20 years ago. For me strenuous exercise, including running, will cause it to flare up but I've learnt to recognise the early signs of irritation and stop exercising in time to prevent it. If I'm stupid and carry on I'll be in crippling pain for 4-5 days.

What I eat is also an issue. No nuts or anything else that remains solid as it passes through the gut. Too much fibre also irritates it.
Posted 29 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join