London Social ~ Fri. 1st February - Chandos

London Social ~ Fri. 1st February - Chandos

65 posts
25 Oct 2012
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
As the last thread has died a sudden death, I was wondering if it was worth starting a new one? Is anyone up for it?I am looking to revive my modelling photography and would be keen to meet up anyone for a social (Togs, Models, MUA, Studios, etc). Also would like to meet up with anyone who may be interested in doing some syndication work.

Update : Next meet arranged for 1st February, Chandos, Nr. Trafalgar Square

Posted 25 Oct 2012
Edited by ForumModerator 24 Jan 2013
DaseinPhoto
Photographer
DaseinPhoto
Missed the last one (or the one before) so yes. Weekend please? Us country bumpkins go to bed at sundown during the week
Posted 25 Oct 2012
Sounds good to me
Posted 25 Oct 2012
stu_art
Photographer
stu_art
Yup.... hopefully we can find a venue where we can all stand/sit together too
Posted 25 Oct 2012
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
I don't know the city very well, so I am open to suggestions. I know Chandos is popular with the Purestorm regulars, so we can hold that open as an idea. Feel free to suggest venues and dates.

Posted 25 Oct 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Stop faffing about Prash!

Suggest a possible date (I suggest a Friday rather than Saturday for the same reasons as last time) and don't worry too much about picking a precise Central London venue at the moment as agreement on the date is much more important than the location ... and don't set it too far in advance or it will run out of steam.
Bob
Posted 25 Oct 2012
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
Bob
Stop faffing about Prash! Suggest a possible date (I suggest a Friday rather than Saturday for the same reasons as last time) and don't worry too much about picking a precise Central London venue at the moment as agreement on the date is much more important than the location ... and don't set it too far in advance or it will run out of steam. Bob
Yes boss... well, how about the 2nd week of November then? Anywhere but Chados if we want to sit down.
Posted 25 Oct 2012
Week starting the 5th? Yes that would work fantabouslouly for me. The Saturday is the 9th. I'm shooting during the day but can come in after. Even though I live here I have no idea where to drink in London. Which isn't helpful. Ah well.
Posted 25 Oct 2012
FHyder
Photographer
FHyder

Interested but preferably not Chandos. 

Posted 27 Oct 2012
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
Tansy_Blue
Week starting the 5th? Yes that would work fantabouslouly for me. The Saturday is the 9th. I'm shooting during the day but can come in after. Even though I live here I have no idea where to drink in London. Which isn't helpful. Ah well.
9th sounds like a good day. I remember some people saying they want to avoid Saturdays, but I am ok with it. How about everyone else?
Posted 27 Oct 2012
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
FHyder
Interested but preferably not Chandos. 
Any particular reason why?
Posted 27 Oct 2012
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
How about http://www.the-counting-house.com/? They have function rooms, so if we agree with this venue and a date, and I know the approximate numbers, I can ask if a room is available. I recall from the last social I attended some people need to get to Charing Cross. As the station is about a couple of miles away, would getting to Bank be difficult?

Posted 27 Oct 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Prash, a function room may well end up very empty unless you can pin down a fair number of people willing to swear they will attend. I can think of one past meeting where only half a dozen or so  turned up even though dozens said they would be attending. The one before and the one after had four or five times as many attendees, so who knows why the one in between flopped.

All you can do is set a date, time and venue that a few of your aquaintances reckon they might be able to attend and then cross your fingers. Pick the right night of the week and the right time of the month and you could hit the jackpot. Get it wrong and you could end up with just two or three of your mates sitting round a pub table moaning about how just few people can be bothered to network.

Bob

PS. I don't know whether or not I'd be able to make the next one but it's unlikely I would do a Saturday (i.e. the 10th) meet in London as the last train back to civilisation leaves too early.

Posted 27 Oct 2012
Edited by Bob 27 Oct 2012
Jackass
Photographer
Jackass
I'm game. We could use my cafe for a meet but it's in Weybridge and probably a bit out of the way for most London dwellers. It's good to talk!

Posted 28 Oct 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Jackass

it's in Weybridge and probably a bit out of the way for most London dwellers.

And even more of a bit out of the way for out-of-town attendees unless coming in from the SW.

Mind you, if you were to organise someing in The Flintgate and could guarantee that old Welsh karaoke singer Tom, who had a pad in St George's Hill and used to enjoy a Sunday evening pint or three in the bar back in the 70's, was in attendance I might make that one.

Bob surprise
Posted 28 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join